Author Topic: Auto Door Closing  (Read 2760 times)

Papagiorgio

Auto Door Closing
« on: December 21, 2017, 04:30:17 pm »
How do I activate that feature on my PMDG ac.   I thought that it would happen without my input.  I understand that if the dorrs are not open when the loaders come by, the cargo doors open and close when the loading is finished.  Nothing happens.  I could not find anything in the manual or forums.  Did I dream this?

papagiorgio

crauds

Re: Auto Door Closing
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 08:12:47 pm »
Hi Papagiorgio!

On the PMDG B747 v3.0 they have some optional service vehicles (some that duplicate those of GSX) that are accessible through the FMC and when you call for those (lavatory, catering services, cleaning services, etc.) the aircraft will automatically open the appropriate door and close it again when you release the service.  But we must manually open and close the doors for GSX services, however.  Hope that clarifies it.

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 07:20:18 am »
GSX doesn't have an auto-close door option, on any aircraft.

Even if some users asked for this, we never added it, because we know we would surely run into problems if we tried to touch any airplane system, for example by messing up with some possible internal simulation of electrical systems connecting to the door, possible simulated failures, etc.

That's why GSX doesn't open/close any doors, on any airplane: it's something that's best left to the airplane developers, because they know better what is safe and what it's not safe to do on their plane.

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 08:48:39 pm »
GSX doesn't have an auto-close door option, on any aircraft.

Even if some users asked for this, we never added it, because we know we would surely run into problems if we tried to touch any airplane system, for example by messing up with some possible internal simulation of electrical systems connecting to the door, possible simulated failures, etc.

That's why GSX doesn't open/close any doors, on any airplane: it's something that's best left to the airplane developers, because they know better what is safe and what it's not safe to do on their plane.

Good call my man. I can only imagine the service requests (and complaints) that you would get if a developer decided to do something "creative" with how the doors work. There's always one.
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

DH2061

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 10:54:06 am »
Besides in IRL (at least in those three that I know) cabin or ops must get permission from captain to open or close any doors. So doing it yourself is somehow a simulation here  ;D