Author Topic: PARK ME  (Read 21077 times)

REDREPUBLIK

Re: PARK ME
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 12:42:13 am »
Virtuali

Just to add .... when I use CTRL+F12 ..... for open hanger doors ... thats fine, dont get the runtime error and hangar gates open and close great.

Its just Park Me thats the problem ....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 01:15:39 am »
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86).

Ouch. I think THIS might create a problem. Not just to our software, but to any software that uses Simconnect: I've read some reports on other forums fo crashes if the Visual Studio 2008 has been installed.

We use VS 2005 runtimes, because these are the ones that FSX itself uses, and we use the SP1 version, because it supposedly fixes something like 400 bugs in the regular 2005 version. So, we choose not to switch to VS2008, in order to stay away from possible conflicts with the FSX runtimes, which are VS2005 and are not going to be updated.

Some infos here:

http://www.gamesforum.ca/showpost.php?p=1490052&postcount=6
http://www.fsx.co.za/showpost.php?s=4aea1b2f7cb1c5956aa3b861586c55a4&p=16399&postcount=2
http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=87384

Perhaps these only happens on Vista 64, that's why we don't get that many reports of it. Does your mission screen works ?

There's an updated VS2008 runtime package here:

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/KB961894/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=2067

You can try updating with the correct version for your language, and see if it improves.

REDREPUBLIK

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 11:56:14 pm »
Tried updating latest runtime

Still the same problem .......

Well its a little price to pay for the great scenery .... I wont loose any sleep

Who needs fancy Park Me features anyway  ???

Thanks for all your help anyway Virtuali ......

If there is an update in the future or anybody does find a solution, you might be as kind to pos it up in the forum

Thanks again

Regards

John

Jürgen Krebs

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2009, 01:48:48 pm »
Hello Umberto  ???,
two days ago I've bought FSDT KJFK. But now I've some questions about Park Me because the manual makes not clear what to do:
- When I press Ctrl+Shift+P the menu appears and I can choose the desired parking position / gate. So far - so good.
- But whatever parking position / gate I choose, the MS ATC leads my default aircraft Boeing 737 always to the same parking position - quite different from the choosen.
So, what do I wrong?
When do I have to choose the parking position via Park Me? Immediately after landing before contacting ground control or after contacting ground control? Do I have to contact ground control in general and - if not - how do I get the yellow markers along the taxiways which show me the way to my parking position (otherwise I will never find it on such a complex airport like KJFK.
With best regards
Jürgen Krebs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 01:14:12 am »
The ParkMe feature doesn't have anything to do with the default ATC, it's running on its own so, you have complete freedom were to park, and can park to a more realistic place, something that doesn't happen with the default ATC, that doesn't even recognize the airline tag for the user airplane. For the same reason, the Progressive taxi feature will not work if you want to park to a different parking spot than the one that the default ATC gave you.

The whole point of the ParkMe function is not there to help you finding you parking spot, but to help you parking there, once you decided were to park.

We were considering adding a way to locate the parking spot chosen for the ParkMe feature, replacing the default Progressive Taxi feature but, we weren't sure how this would have been received by the users, considering some comments we read about XPOI, and how is supposedly "not realistic", like the Progressive taxi is anyway...

JamesChams

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 01:35:34 am »
...We were considering adding a way to locate the parking spot chosen for the ParkMe feature, replacing the default Progressive Taxi feature but, we weren't sure how this would have been received by the users, considering some comments we read about XPOI, and how is supposedly "not realistic", like the Progressive taxi is anyway...
Virtuali,
Would you consider adding the ParkMe Progressive feature to a future version of ParkMe?

FYI: Progressive taxi is used, in real life, at an airport that a pilot is not entirely firmilar with.  But, ATC directs you and the are NO yellow or pink pointing arrows to guide you; you just get a guy in the tower telling you to "... turn to this taxiways and then ...").  However, in my practical use of FSX, it would be nice for me to personally go from using FSX default ATC (being assigned the ground frequence Hand-off) to ParkMe's "directions" to spot and then have it do the Marshalling (Gate positioning guidance); especially at a large facility like KJFK.  But, I understand your and other peoples point too.

I guess that I'll have to wait for AES X v2.0 for that; unless you change your mind?  ???
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 03:59:19 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 04:13:28 am »
But, ATC directs you and the are NO yellow or pink pointing arrows to guide you; you just get a guy in the tower telling you to "... turn to this taxiways and then ..."). 

I was of course refering to the visual cues.

However, in my practical use of FSX, it would be nice for me to personally go from using FSX default ATC (being assigned the ground frequence Hand-off) to ParkMe's "directions" to spot and then have it do the Marshalling (Gate positioning guidance); especially at a large facility like KJFK.

This could be an interesting suggestion. I guess none would complain if we used realistic text/audio cues instead of the pink/yellow arrows to guide to the parking.

JamesChams

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2009, 04:27:44 am »
....This could be an interesting suggestion. I guess none would complain if we used realistic text/audio cues instead of the pink/yellow arrows to guide to the parking.

I certainly wouldn't complain if you made that a reality...

EDIT: if you decide to do it; I'd like the Audio over the Text (I feel that the Text takes-away from the experience; but thats probably because I do it for real and it reminds me that I'm in the sim).  But, perhaps, you can add to the Menu Features by giving the user(s) the option of one or the other or both (Just like FS' ATIS/AWOS/ASOS does both Audio/Text and you can turn one or the other on/off).

Ciao! 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 05:03:29 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams