Author Topic: Whats wrong with GSX? **SOLVED**  (Read 3204 times)

tkemp66

Whats wrong with GSX? **SOLVED**
« on: December 17, 2017, 08:31:09 am »
All of a sudden, every gate at every third party airport I park at that is not an FSDT airport, indicates that I am not at the gate. When I call for GSX, it only wants to know where I want to park or what runway I want to go to. If I am physically at Gate A6 for instance, GSX does not recognized that I'm there. If I prompt GSX to take me there, it takes me somewhere else entirely, often a different gates which is never lined up properly with the parking. It sometimes takes me miles away from the airport too. I've uninstall and reinstall add-on manager, GSX, ran live update multiple times to no avail. GSX has become completely useless to me unless I'm flying from FSDT airport. And truth is, I'm not even sure it works from those also. I spent hours trying to set up a flight from flytampa YSSY and from T2G LFPG, but no can do, if using GSX. I' am not sure what to do at this point, and perhaps someone here can help me not to loose my sanity!  >:( >:( Thank you.

Troy
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:15:04 pm by virtuali »
Troy Kemp

tkemp66

Re: Whats wrong with GSX?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 09:00:40 am »
Here is what I'm talking about. This is PMDG 747 at T2G LFPG Gate A 38
Troy Kemp

tkemp66

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 07:21:27 pm »
OK, I figured out a few things. I disabled Mytraffic6 and, Voila! Its working fine. So now the question I have is, why is GSX reading the BGL files from Mytraffic all of a sudden and not the actual scenery BGL? By the way, its also affecting FSDT airports. This is something that just started and as far as I know, there was no update to Mytraffic. I have been receiving updates often from FSDT and maybe this has something to do with it. How can I make GSX read from the third party scenery and not Mytraffic BGL's? Thanks.

Troy
Troy Kemp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 02:14:57 pm »
OK, I figured out a few things. I disabled Mytraffic6 and, Voila! Its working fine

Of course it does. Whenever you have something misplaced, it's always an AFCAD conflict.

So now the question I have is, why is GSX reading the BGL files from Mytraffic all of a sudden and not the actual scenery BGL?

Because you might have moved the MyTraffic .BGLs set with an higher priority in your Scenery Library, which GSX respect, just like the sim itself.

How can I make GSX read from the third party scenery and not Mytraffic BGL's?

By being sure the proper .BGL has an higher priority of the MyTraffic one. Which is how we install our airports by default but, of course, if you reinstall MyTraffic OR you moved its folder manually, they might gain an higher priority, and GSX will use the ones with the highest priority, which is of course the correct choice.

HOWEVER, it's best if you prevent any conflict to begin with, and REMOVE every .BGL that comes with MyTraffic, if you have an add-on airport. That's because, due to bugs in how the AFCAD is read, some things (jetways and special effects) cannot be excluded properly, so many airports developers usually create many micro-exclude areas, in order to not have their own jetways disappear.

This will result in other .BGLs from the same airport to cause conflicts anyway, even if they are on a LOWER priority level! That's why, it's best to prevent the conflict entirely, by removing any duplicate AFCADs for an airport you have an add-on for. This will result in a better resource usage too, because it's a waste of memory (the sim keeps a list of ALL .BGLs in memory) and file processing too, since you are forcing the sim to scan and keep a list of a file which is not required.

tkemp66

Re: Whats wrong with GSX? **SOLVED**
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 05:50:48 pm »
Thank you for your response. I will remove the duplicate .bgl's from mytraffic since I don't use them anyways. I appreciate it.

Troy
Troy Kemp