Author Topic: Can't vehicle reach position desired  (Read 4592 times)

claude101141

Can't vehicle reach position desired
« on: December 14, 2017, 08:50:52 am »
Good evening (or morning?? Roll Eyes,

I'm trying to position correctly a stairway in front of the left backdoor of my DC10-10 on parking of a  KMIA
freeware. After the positioning appears to be correct, when I return to FSX and ask for deboarding  the stairway goes to the wrong default position under the left wing before my editing!
What have I done wrong in my setting?

I'm using FSX under Windows 10 pro

Thanks in advance for your help

PS: although I appreciate people to read my post, I'd appreciate much more solutions forwarded! LOL!
Claude
Paris-France
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 11:15:55 am by claude101141 »

Crikey1000

Re: Can't vehicle reach position desired
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 11:36:51 am »
Morning Claude

It may be that you are setting everything correct, but it is not saving. It appears many of us are having issues with making changes at present..

Check out this forum post
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17030.msg120513/topicseen.html#msg120513

I am going to look into last post by CaptainSazzman, guessing it is very likely for windows to cause the issue. Pretty sure Virtuali will say that GSX is fine the problem is with our systems..

Regards and bonne journée

Dave

claude101141

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 12:08:20 pm »
Morning Dave

Thanks for the info and check the link; if you have any other info from others sources please let me know.
As usual problems with Microsoft!!!!Grrrr! With Flight1's GEX if you do not execute in the administrator mode
updates are not enabled, for example due to problems with UAC....

Best
Claude

claude101141

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 01:26:04 pm »
Morning Claude

It may be that you are setting everything correct, but it is not saving. It appears many of us are having issues with making changes at present..

Check out this forum post
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17030.msg120513/topicseen.html#msg120513

I am going to look into last post by CaptainSazzman, guessing it is very likely for windows to cause the issue. Pretty sure Virtuali will say that GSX is fine the problem is with our systems..

Regards and bonne journée

Dave

Hi again,
I've tried what was proposed to disable Windows update but the result was unsuccesfull; both stairways left at the position I put them but then crossed each other to superpose one above the other under the left wing! Not sure my passengers would appreciate the fun!
What happens is that the initial position of the stairs are saved but not the final which should be in front of the doors chosen.

I notice that when I leave the airplane positioning with Y in the next page "apply" is grayed. Shouldn't it be enabled to permit the final save?

Best
Claude
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 01:28:33 pm by claude101141 »

Crikey1000

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 02:24:25 pm »
Hi again

Disabling Windows update is not enough, You also need to uninstall windows updates that were installed in November and December.

Via control panel \ uninstall a program then top left click on view installed updates

That is what I have done and it has given me control of the customisation again.. I removed a .net framework update from November, just tested it and all working for me.

Good Luck

Dave
Dont forget, make your customisation, save it, then restart Couatl from the Sim Add-ons \ couatl settings menu
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 02:26:17 pm by Crikey1000 »

claude101141

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 03:29:15 pm »
Dave does it include uninstalling Microsoft Visual C++ updates done in december? I'm on Windows 10.
When you say, to save my customization, I thought this what was automatic from what I read in the manual.

Crikey1000

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 03:37:59 pm »
Yes, sorry. Your correct, I forgot you changing vehicle's not customisation panel for pushback, docking etc.. Vehicles autosave.. :)

All I had to uninstall was the .net framework from November. I had other downloads sat waiting to install but obviously didn't install them, i'm running Windows 7 and the latest C++ I have is 2015..

Hope this helps

Dave

claude101141

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 04:15:13 pm »
Ok, I hope things operate the same with windows 10 and that stupid mandatory windows update by default!Virtuali should find a way to overcome this problem. I hope we wont have to do the same process each time we decide to customize a vehicle or another function in GSX!

Thx for your help Dave
I'll tell if things went well....

Claude

claude101141

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 04:30:06 pm »
Yes, sorry. Your correct, I forgot you changing vehicle's not customisation panel for pushback, docking etc.. Vehicles autosave.. :)

All I had to uninstall was the .net framework from November. I had other downloads sat waiting to install but obviously didn't install them, i'm running Windows 7 and the latest C++ I have is 2015..

Hope this helps

Dave

I'm getting mad! It doesn't work!!!!!Really Virtuali should look into this matter which is probably related to the use of Windows ....Unless it is impossible to customize a freeware plane like Thomas Ruth DC 10.
I think the manual is rather poor, full of typing mistakes and many things look not to be mentioned, ie. how do you change the position of the catering vehicle as it doesn't appear in the field when you're in the customizing process.... :-[

Claude
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 04:36:56 pm by claude101141 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2017, 11:31:18 am »
I'm getting mad! It doesn't work!!!!!Really Virtuali should look into this matter which is probably related to the use of Windows ....Unless it is impossible to customize a freeware plane like Thomas Ruth DC 10.

Customization works just fine and yes, as already explained in other thread, the only possible reason is something in your system which is preventing the program to use a folder it SHOULD have access to, since it's your own local appdata folder so, by default, every program which runs with your user account SHOULD have writing permissions to it, regardless of UAC or administrator rights or everything else.

This, assuming IT IS a permission issue, which means the GSX.CFG file of the airplane is not being written/updated. Are you able to check if this is the case ?

I think the manual is rather poor, full of typing mistakes

It's not (it obviously ran through a spell checker, although these are not always 100% fool proof). If you think there are still errors, please send me an EMAIL or a Private Message, with a list.

and many things look not to be mentioned, ie. how do you change the position of the catering vehicle as it doesn't appear in the field when you're in the customizing process....

You cannot change the "position" of the Catering vehicle, if with "position", you mean its actual starting position on the parking because, as clearly explained in the manual, Page 13:

"Catering vehicles don’t appear at the parking spot, but drive from the terminal, following the airport vehicle paths (when possible)"

So, clearly, the very idea of wanting to customize starting the position of a vehicle in the parking position editor, doesn't make any sense, considering that vehicle is coming from another parking, and it will drive from there directly to the airplane service door.

claude101141

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 12:20:12 pm »
1/ As usual developers are never wrong, never make mistakes which explains why there are patches etc...

2/ I'll try to make a list for you no problem

3/ When I spoke of the catering vehicle of course I thought of its final position before the door. The problem I have is I do not know if the starting position of the vehicle whatever it is, is to be considered or not. For instance should I just position the stairs before the correct door without taking into consideration its orientation and position from where it starts on the tarmac?

4/I'll check this permission problem and keep you posted later on the matter.

Thx
Regards
Claude
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 01:00:42 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 01:11:48 pm »
1/ As usual developers are never wrong, never make mistakes which explains why there are patches etc...

I don't see how this has anything to do with the problem at hand. Patches clearly show the continuous level of support of a product. Beware of a product with no patches. When we do a patch which was required because of our "MISTAKE", we clearly label it as BUGFIX in the release notes so no, nobody here is trying to hide anything.

However, just because we had bugfix for OTHER issues, doesn't mean THIS is something that we should fix because, obviously, since airport or airplane customization clearly works for most users, if it was really a "GSX bug", it should appear to everybody and, more importantly, you wouldn't have all these users reporting the problem was fixed in some way, without a GSX update.

3/ When I spoke of the catering vehicle of course I thought of its final position before the door.

You mean the approach point ? That's depending on the airport so, the only way for you to affect this, would be changing the airport AFCAD.

The problem I have is I do not know if the starting position of the vehicle whatever it is, is to be considered or not. For instance should I just position the stairs before the correct door without taking into consideration its orientation and position from where it starts on the tarmac?

The starting position has an effect, but only up to a point. You should move a vehicle (one that starts ON the parking, so not the Catering) only if you have a problem or a conflict with an existing object of the scenery but, regardless how you place the vehicle, in most cases GSX *will* be able to figure out a path that will end up with the vehicle correctly oriented to the door.

GSX will fit a curved path that will take into account the starting position/orientation and the door position/orientation, and this takes into account even vehicle minimum radius of curvature, which depends by the distance between its front/real wheels. This means, if you try to make a vehicle to take an "impossible" path, the curve will start to degrade, resulting in strange things like the vehicle doing a 180, because it's trying to reach the door in some way.

claude101141

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 08:30:26 am »
Hi Umberto,

I've sent you a private message yesterday evening, be so kind as to check it out.
Claude