FS9 support > Las Vegas FS9

GA Traffic at the gates?

<< < (2/6) > >>

MikeS:
If you take a simple look on Google earth you can see that quiet a number of Stands are simply forgotten, not designed. Not only in the AFCAD but in the visible scenery too.
All this outside stands around terminal C and D are just missing. Why? That's a pity. All the whole GA Stands are not designed, except this few ones. But there are a lot more in real where are only empty asphalt surfaces in the scenery, no lines like in real, just nothing.  :(
It's no wonder that all the GA's are parked at the Terminals. It would be great, if there will be a upgrade to fix this. AFCAD-modifications I can do by myself, but there should also be the visible stands in the scenery.

Best regards
Mike

Tom C:
Hi all.

Umberto, you and the team have done an outstanding job with the scenery as usual, I'm absoutely loving it myself.

But the AFCAD has let this down a bit.

I've spent the best part of an hour tooling around here, and all I see is Cargo and GA AI hogging the terminal gates.
As Harpsi has pointed out, there are some area's where this could have been far better.

Can you confirm from the team if AFCAD 2 by Lee Swordy or the AFX program from Flight 1 has been used here to build the AFCAD data please?

virtuali:

--- Quote from: Tom C on April 18, 2009, 11:59:53 pm ---Can you confirm from the team if AFCAD 2 by Lee Swordy or the AFX program from Flight 1 has been used here to build the AFCAD data please?
--- End quote ---

Neither of that. We usually start laying out the basic work with ADE, and eventually modify the XML source code if there's something to edit manually that can't be done with those editors. However, the final compilation into BGL is usually done by the official BGLCOMP from the FSX SDKs.

For the FS9 version, we edit the FSX XML file by removing the instructions FS9 doesn't support (like jetways and other things), and compile with the BGLCOMP from the FS9 SDK.

So, the resulting BGLs are 100% compliant with the official MS SDK, and should be editable with any editor that is fully compliant as well.

Tom C:
Many thanks for the reply Umberto.

Can I ask why you don't build an AFCAD from scratch using the Lee Sowrdy program for the FS9 version?

I'm just being curious here.

harpsi:
Hi,

Well, I am making some improvements but I am doing a "dark" work because those stands are not visible. I added some parking places for GA and I fixed some little things as well as the crosswind system.

Here is what I have done the moment. DonĀ“t take this as a final file... There is still a lot of work to do still and if someone wants to improve things, feel free to do that as well. Just that you know that I am working on it.

harpsi

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version