FS9 support > Las Vegas FS9

GA Traffic at the gates?

<< < (4/6) > >>

FalconAF:
Harpsi,

OK, I downloaded the AFCAD from your above post.  I'm confused about something, though.  Is it an AFCAD for FS9 or FSX?  When I installed it in FSX, all the jetways disappeared.  From the title of the AFCAD file, it appears it was "updated" with AFX, which might cause this as AFX can delete some scenery objects if used to update FSX AFCADs.

Is your updated AFCAD designed for FS9 or FSX?

Thanks.

Rick

Cereal Eater:

--- Quote from: virtuali on April 19, 2009, 12:39:02 am ---
--- Quote from: Tom C on April 19, 2009, 12:31:11 am ---Can I ask why you don't build an AFCAD from scratch using the Lee Sowrdy program for the FS9 version? I'm just being curious here.
--- End quote ---

Simply because we do developement work in FSX only, so we prefer to use an FSX-native editor, and then derive the FS9 version by simply compiling the FSX source XML (removing the things FS9 doesn't support) with the FS9 SDK.

--- End quote ---

So can you tell us if you are going to fix the GA area and add in the parking spots (graphics)/lines/etc? Since the entire area is pretty much "missing" from the scenery it would seem a service pack is in order or something. Yea or nae?

virtuali:

--- Quote from: 108 on April 19, 2009, 03:24:36 pm ---So can you tell us if you are going to fix the GA area and add in the parking spots (graphics)/lines/etc? Since the entire area is pretty much "missing" from the scenery it would seem a service pack is in order or something. Yea or nae?
--- End quote ---

If you are refering to the NW GA parking, this is what the real one is:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&sll=41.442726,12.392578&sspn=28.02389,38.056641&ie=UTF8&ll=36.096698,-115.162347&spn=0.001788,0.002481&t=h&z=19

This is how the scenery looks like:

As you can see, the parking spots lines are *very* subdued and somewhat difficult to tell apart, both in real world and in the scenery. So, just adding AFCAD parking spots even without having too apparent parking lines, should be enough.

FalconAF:
All,

I'm just really confused by all this.  Attached is an AFCAD file screencap from ADE for an AFCAD I have.  The AFCAD is for KLAS and is fully compatable in\for FSX.  As you can see, it has tons of GA parking in all the right places for Signature Aviation, the "Janet" terminal area, and other GA scenery areas that are included in FSDT KLAS.  It also has the many overflow parking "spots" that exist for commercial aircraft at the real KLAS.  And the AFCAD uses the crosswind runway technique.  It works exceptionally well for all AI traffic situations in FSX.

Please don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining.  But why is it so difficult to get an AFCAD like this for FSDT KLAS?  I myself don't design AFCADs.  I downloaded ADE long ago just so I could use it to look at them.  This morning, I used it to load the default FSDT KLAS AFCAD (AP_KLAS.BGL) installed in the "scenery" folder of my FSDT KLAS installation, and what gets displayed looks nothing like this.  I have no idea how to succesfully modify the included AFCAD that came with FSDT KLAS, but I find it hard to believe that SOMEONE from FSDT can't use the FREE ADE tool to produce an AFCAD like this for such a high-quality KLAS scenery. 

I don't know...maybe I'm just too ignorant about all of this right now.  But the tools seem to be available for someone to make it happen for the FSX version of the KLAS scenery.

I intend no disrespect towards anyone at FSDT about anything above.  I'm just really confused about it all right now.

Rick

EDIT:  One other thing I forgot to mention.  As you will notice in the AFCAD below, runway 1L\19R is depicted as a Concrete runway, which is what it is at the real-world KLAS.  The other runways are Asphalt, as in the real world, and in FSDT KLAS.  Why did FSDT make KLAS 1L\19R an Asphalt runway?

[attachment deleted by admin]

virtuali:

--- Quote from: FalconAF on April 19, 2009, 05:14:36 pm ---I'm just really confused by all this.  Attached is an AFCAD file screencap from ADE for an AFCAD I have.  The AFCAD is for KLAS and is fully compatable in\for FSX.  As you can see, it has tons of GA parking in all the right places for Signature Aviation and other GA scenery areas that are included in FSDT KLAS. 
--- End quote ---

Yes, there's some confusion going on here. The previous poster ( 108 ) said it that we should first add parking lines in the visible scenery, before anyone designing the AFCAD would be able to add parkings spots.

I simply posted the picture to show that, in real world, the parking lines in that area are very subtle, just like in the scenery. And of course, it's always possible to add any number of parking spots, even if the parking lines are not very apparent.

--- Quote ---Please don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining.  But why is it so difficult to get an AFCAD like this for FSDT KLAS? 
--- End quote ---

Who said it's difficult ? Who said that it will not come ? If you just followed the developement of ALL our sceneries relased so far, we ALWAYS relased the scenery FIRST, with a very basic AFCAD, that can be used as a starting point for everyone to work with, especially Harpsi, who usually likes to do AFCAD for us.

THEN, after the AFCAD reaches some kind of stability, we merge all the addition in the one we supply with the scenery. It has worked well so far for LSZH, KORD, KJFK and LSSG so, I don't see why it should be any different for KLAS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version