Author Topic: GSX Suggestions  (Read 1687 times)

CaptainGabe

• My repaint gallery
GSX Suggestions
« on: November 25, 2017, 04:30:47 pm »
My first time posting in this thread!

Working flight ops at the airport is fun but can be tedious at times.
I'm sure they have already been considered bu, would it be possible to implement the following:
  • Cone/Chock placement option...per aircraft, cones can be placed in their appropriate positions.
  • Wing walkers for block-in/out.
  • A "realistic" mode where closing the bulk door (or equivalent) is the last thing to be done before push back then you get hit with ramp waiting for a final bag to arrive to the aircraft, making you wait a few extra minutes. (A common occurrence) or maybe you have a turnaround flight but the fuel trucks arrive late and you have to wait for fueling. Just a little thing for those who want to do extra :P
  • A path setter utility for push back/tow tugs

Loving what you have already implemented! Keep the updates coming.
CHeers

Gabriel Guzman, Asst. Flight Dispatcher All Nippon Airways - KIAH.
Specs: Win 10 64bit | i7-7700k@4.2GHz | 16GB RAM | GTX1070-8GB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 12:42:54 am »
Cone/Chock placement option...per aircraft, cones can be placed in their appropriate positions.

We surely have placed cones in their appropriate positions, at least in general, because they are placed according to the engine position specified in the airplane configuration.

Note that, if you don't configure them in GSX, they might not be accurate, since they depend on the engine position in the aircraft.cfg, and we found *many* airplanes that have the engine position set wrong in the aircraft.cfg. That's why the GSX airplane configuration editor allows you to customize it: there wouldn't have been any need to have it, if we could rely on the aircraft.cfg being always correct.

Since GSX uses that information only for Cones placement, by editing the engine positions in GSX, you can basically place Cones as you want, without affecting the airplane flight modeling.

Wing walkers for block-in/out.

That's surely under consideration.

A path setter utility for push back/tow tugs

This will surely come.