Author Topic: Few general questions about GSX  (Read 1800 times)

Capitanfuturo

Few general questions about GSX
« on: March 20, 2018, 05:19:02 pm »
I have seen from youtube videos that once landed you can call for a follow me car:

1 - If I fly on vatsim, will the instructions given me, by ATC match with the path that the follow me car will take?

2 - Does a follow me car exists for taxing from the gate to the departure runway assigned by ATC?

3 - Can I deactivate most of the GSX features, preventing the GSX to ask me to switch the engine off or open the doors... and just leave those that interest me?

4 - Is the download fully compatible with P3D v4.2 and will it require any patches?

5 - The the 737-800 flight model from Prosim737 work with GSX

Sorry for all the questions, but while I like what I have seen about GSX, I want to make sure it does what I need.

Many Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Nic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Few general questions about GSX
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 04:37:29 pm »
1 - If I fly on vatsim, will the instructions given me, by ATC match with the path that the follow me car will take?

GSX cannot possibly know which taxiway route has been assigned to you by a human controller, by voice so, they might be similar or not, and it's of course entirely outside our control. GSX has its own pathfinding algorithm, and it might not even match what the default ATC would use, since we use our own weighting to choose between taxiway, runway crossings, etc.

2 - Does a follow me car exists for taxing from the gate to the departure runway assigned by ATC?

It's not automatic, you must be sure you are asking for a Follow me to guide you to the same runway assigned by the ATC.

3 - Can I deactivate most of the GSX features, preventing the GSX to ask me to switch the engine off or open the doors... and just leave those that interest me?

You cannot use any of the GSX services at the parking with the engines on. The only service that works with engines on is the Follow Me.

4 - Is the download fully compatible with P3D v4.2 and will it require any patches?

There are no patches. The program and the installers are self-updating, and everything from FSDT is 100% compatible with P3D 4.2.

5 - The the 737-800 flight model from Prosim737 work with GSX

GSX works with every airplane, provided you create a configuration for it, if it's not one of the already included ones.

Sorry for all the questions, but while I like what I have seen about GSX, I want to make sure it does what I need.

Are you aware that all our products are sold as Try-before-Buy ? If would be best if you just installed it, and try it for yourself.