Author Topic: GSX P3D V4.1  (Read 5795 times)

thenapster305

GSX P3D V4.1
« on: November 21, 2017, 04:45:42 pm »
So, finally got around to installing GSX in P3D V4.1.

All the menus show in the add-ons menu and in Options>Addons

But the menu does not not want to appear.  Sat at the gate engines off parking brake set

No matter what combination i set up it does not show, neither click on Show you control menu works either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX P3D V4.1
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 04:54:52 pm »
All the menus show in the add-ons menu and in Options>Addons

Are you sure all menus are present under the "Addons" menu bar, including the GSX menu ? Do you see the "Airport cache loaded successfully" message when starting the sim ?

thenapster305

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 09:10:18 pm »
Hi Yes all the menus are present and correct.

I have only just recently installed P3D V4 and no there is no air port cache message once loaded in.

I have re installed GSX several times as well

thenapster305

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 11:05:52 am »
Hi,

This is what I get when trying to install from that link

Craig

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 11:16:06 am »
This is what I get when trying to install from that link

This because you never ran the FSDT Live Update when notified, which would have downloaded the missing .DLLs.

Run the FSDT Live Update now. No need to replace the .exe, because the version I was waiting for you to test is online now.

thenapster305

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 01:35:05 pm »
I had actually ran than more times than I care to mention

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 01:42:26 pm »
I had actually ran than more times than I care to mention

It's not possible that running the FSDT Live Update won't download the missing .DLL, because they are surely online and I just tested it now by manually removing them and running the Live Update again: they are all restored.

The only possible reason for this, is that you have an antivirus/firewall which is preventing the Live Update from downloading anything. Disable every antivirus/firewall and add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus exclusion, so the Live Update will download correctly everything.

thenapster305

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 01:51:30 pm »
Thank you for your reply.

I do not use any antivirus software, windows for or windows defender (as I do not believe in them lol)

I'm now going to uninstall and then re-install it, if this doesn't work i'll get back to you

Craig

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 02:07:49 pm »
I'm now going to uninstall and then re-install it, if this doesn't work i'll get back to you

No need to do that, try to download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager only, which is always kept updated (at least for the basic software support) with the Live Update files so, regardless of what might be the issue of Live Update not updating external, you can get the latest files from the Addon Manager installer in any case.

thenapster305

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 02:09:31 pm »
Ok so thats now working thank you.

But now there is a new issue.

When loading up at EGHH (Bournemouth) gate 4 Medium (UK2000 VFR), opening the menu and wanting pushback, it comes up with select parking facility at EGHH Bournemouth, selecting Gate G and then Gate 5 and then Just warp me there, I find myself ending up in the middle of the Isle of Wight.  This clearly isn't right either but with a fresh install just completed i know this isn't my system

Cheers

Craig

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 02:48:40 pm »
then Just warp me there, I find myself ending up in the middle of the Isle of Wight.  

That's not a GSX problem, but it's likely one of your joystick is not calibrated, so it slews away fast, because the Warp feature needs to put the airplane in Slew mode for a second, in order to be compatible with some planes with non standard flight models, like the Majestic Q400, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16690.msg118764.html#msg118764