Author Topic: Last Update for FSX - ISSUES  (Read 2481 times)

crauds

Last Update for FSX - ISSUES
« on: November 20, 2017, 02:13:00 pm »
Hi Umberto!

Love the program for FSX but would it be possible to correct the following:

1.  Marshaller should be on ground for B737NG.  He is above the aircraft!  Great for jumbos and for Concorde but smaller aircraft cannot see the marshaller when getting close to stop poiint.

2.  Impossible to see Marshaller wands or guidance numbers at night.  Suggest using luminous texture that will glow at night.

Thanks again for great program.

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Last Update for FSX - ISSUES
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 03:18:04 pm »
ì1.  Marshaller should be on ground for B737NG.  He is above the aircraft!

He's not.

You must have configured its position when using a larger plane, one that required a ladder. You can fix this by editing parking system with a smaller plane and put the marshaller back on ground.

2.  Impossible to see Marshaller wands or guidance numbers at night.  Suggest using luminous texture that will glow at night.

The Marshaller has always used luminous texture that will glow at night, since GSX has been released. Nothing has changed with the update. See the attached screenshot, the wands are clearly lighted, although they might not be seen very easily from a distance, depending on your texture settings (Anisotropic filtering must be 16x).

However, that's just a luminous texture, not a real glow, and doing this would require having Bloom enabled (and the objects programmed to rely on it), which is very fps intensive on FSX.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 04:12:12 pm by virtuali »

crauds

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 10:32:36 pm »
Thank you, Umberto. 

I always have light bloom selected even back in my 2.66GHz days with no problem.  I do not have anistropic setting but "trilinear" with anit-aliasing ON.  I don't know what you mean by setting 16.  My displays all set to 32 for my monitor.

Also, If I setup Marshaller with small plane  so he will be on the ground, what happens when I fly my 744?  Do I have to adjust him again for large aircraft?   Or can a setting be attached to a particular model?

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 11:00:54 pm »
I always have light bloom selected even back in my 2.66GHz days with no problem.

Bloom in FSX is very expensive on fps ( a little less on DX10 ), that's why we cannot enable a feature that relies on it, and forcing users that don't accept the associated performance loss to use it.

I do not have anistropic setting but "trilinear" with anit-aliasing ON.  I don't know what you mean by setting 16.  My displays all set to 32 for my monitor.

The setting is in your Video Card Control Panel, not in the FSX graphic settings.

Also, If I setup Marshaller with small plane  so he will be on the ground, what happens when I fly my 744?  Do I have to adjust him again for large aircraft?   Or can a setting be attached to a particular model?

No, obviously not.

If GSX calculated that, using the stopping position for the 747 (and I really suggest having a look at the GSX manual, which explains how this is calculated, especially in relationship with the "Preferred Exit" setting), a marshaller on ground will not be visible, he will be placed on a Ladder, but ONLY if you go there with the 747. The stored height of the marshaller is STILL zero, in your scenery customization file.

However, the issue happens if you EDIT the parking with the 747 AND the marshaller was placed on a ladder at that time. In this case, the height will be saved as it was, on the ladder, which is what is happening now.

crauds

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 12:47:41 am »

However, the issue happens if you EDIT the parking with the 747 AND the marshaller was placed on a ladder at that time. In this case, the height will be saved as it was, on the ladder, which is what is happening now.

I must have done that then.  So I need to reset the marshaller height back to zero in my scenery customization file, right?

Now as to the light bloom. I was unaware that it had that much affect on frame rates.  I have always had it on except on short finals when the glare makes it hard to see the runway threshold.  I had a relatively slow computer Quad 2.66GHZ with VISTA before and still got flyable frame rates even in heavy traffic areas.  I now have I7 7700K OC to 4.8GHZ so I don't even think about frame rates since they are often in the hundreds!

Craig
Craig Williams