Author Topic: Help! Ladder issue still a mystery!  (Read 6143 times)

crauds

Re: Help! Ladder issue still a mystery!**SOLVED**
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2017, 11:52:16 am »
OK.  I first uninstalled and reinstalled Coautl latest update.  

Then, bBy trial and error, setting marshaller distance to 15m brings the guy off the ladder and yet just barely allows the jetway to operate.  It seems the stop position is too far forward relative to the jetway.  So I will have to move the footprint on each small parking (1000's of them) slightly further from the terminal and set each of those gates with a marshaller distance of 15m.  And your right, long before you came up with your solution, I had already programmed in a solution that universally fixed all parking by lining up the small dot on the AFCAD footprint with the "hinge" of the gate.  By doing this on all parking spaces regardless of size, all aircraft, parking in their respective places (small, medium, or heavy), would always see the marshaller and have the jetway connect to proper door (1st always on small, medium, and 1st or 2nd on heavies).  This has been a work over several years as I continued to fly to different airports within FSX, completing the update of each one before I flew to it.  Now I am required to rework each of the small gates, but I think I can do so by just setting the marshaller distance without having to slew to each gate and use graphic editor.  That will save some time and effort.

Another issue I have noticed, however, is that with the PMDG 747, the opposite problem seems to occur.  When I use the marshaller to guide the airplane to the stop position, the jetway splits apart when it connects to Exit 2.  So, in this case your stop point is too far away compared to the perfect position I had already preset into the AFCAD footprint.  I will have to play with this one.  Your stop position must be relative to the placement of the footprint, so if I move the footprint closer, the stop position should also (why wouldn't it?).  I then can make sure that the marshaller is not inside the wall, but again an adjustment to every "heavy" gate at every airport is a daunting task.  All to undo what I had working perfectly for all aircraft.

Craig
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 01:43:20 am by crauds »
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help! Ladder issue still a mystery!
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 01:02:11 pm »
Another issue I have noticed, however, is that with the PMDG 747, the opposite problem seems to occur. 

That's why I told you to read carefully the manual, especially the part that says how the stopping position is calculated based on the Preferred Exit. And, there's a parameter in the GSX parking configuration page, which allows you to ignore the preferred exit, and always use the first one.

crauds

Re: Help! Ladder issue still a mystery! **SOLVED**
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2017, 02:13:29 pm »
I think I have found the working solution.  I am restricting my small jet parking to just 2-3 positions at each airport designated by special code and likewise for my medium and heavies.  I find that adjusting the AFCAD footprint for small aircraft slightly back to where the front wheel used to be and then setting marshaller distance to 16.5m works perfectly.  For heavies I found I can move the footprint just a small bit forward and still see the marshaller on the ladder and the jetway then works without splitting.  I will just make the adjustments one at a time when I fly to each airport.  Now if only WIN10 updates don't glitch everything again, I should be OK.  I consider this problem SOLVED.  

As to the other issue I was addressing (disappearing parts of carts/containers/trains) seems problem only exists with PMDG 744 v3 not with other heavies so it must be extra strain put on simconnect by that specific plane (RAASPRO and ACARS are communicating through simconnect also on this plane).  So, I eliminated SODE (since I have no use for it with my setup) from loading by deleting it from the two xml files and limit my frame rates to 30 during loading and unloading.  This worked perfectly in one test yesterday.  I will see if I can make it a consistent solution.  Thanks for your insight into simconnect as a possible overload issue.  I would never have thought of that.

Craig
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 01:41:39 am by crauds »
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64