Author Topic: All parking 45 degrees to right  (Read 4640 times)

Dallen

All parking 45 degrees to right
« on: October 24, 2017, 10:34:43 pm »
Only after installing KSDF and Zurich, every parking spot I choose from GSX menu while at active runway places the plane exactly 45 degrees to the right of gate. Happens at default or dream team scenerys. Happens with any plane.Happens at every airport.
If I use built in FSX menu (from World menu) it does not happen and plane is properly parked.
I am sure I did something wrong.
Re-ran the live update, checked for duplicate AFCADS and tried re-setting the GSX airport positions.

Any ideas appreciated.
Love the new airports, thanks for your support.
Dallen1919

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: All parking 45 degrees to right
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 10:26:26 am »
We cannot reproduce this and nobody reported it before. Could you please check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX ?

Dallen

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 09:02:56 pm »
How do  I determine which AFCAD? Not aware of even where to look.
Incidentally I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling GSX and then re-running the Live update.
Did I make clear that it is at ALL airports be it default or dream team?

Dallen

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 09:52:50 pm »
SO now  see how to know AFCAD when choosing "customize parking position" whether default or dream team looks like proper afcad

Able to get plane properly positioned only by

Going to active
choosing customize parking position from drop down menu  and relocating to a gate where plane is always at 45 degree angle to proper position
then hitting customize Parking Position button. the Editor Key pops up which I close by clicking the  X in upper right hand corner. The plane now moves into proper position and the markers show up to allow editing BUT I do nothing except hit "y" key to close and I am now where I requested.
Sorry . I am sure this is my doing somehow but appreciate your patience.

Dallen

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 07:14:37 pm »

The technique mentioned in last post does not always slew me to the gate or position (in the case of SDF) where I started.
Note now that if I hit Y key and slew til exactly on right spot in parking position I can get Boarding accomplished . Otherwise I get Boarding not available...not parked properly. Hope that means something. Thx again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 04:38:31 pm »
We cannot reproduce this and nobody reported it before. Could you please check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX ?

jodeci

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 09:38:37 pm »
I am having precisely the same problem as described by Dallen with regard to parking.  Have not yet found a resolution, but the situation is true no matter which airport, or which aircraft, I am using.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 11:47:48 pm »
We cannot reproduce this. Could you please check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX ?

Dallen

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 06:03:13 pm »
Thanks for the reply
Again it occurs at every airport. the AFCAD listed for example:

At a Dreamteam airport (KSDF)
Addon mgr/dreamteam/KSDF/Scenery/KSDF_afcad.bgl

At a default airport (KDSM)
FSX/Scenery/0202/scenery/APX23170

At a flightbeam airport (KSFO)
flightbeam/flightbeam-KSFOHD/Scenery/KSFOHDx.bgl

The same 45degree placement from the "active runway " happens no matter what type of scenery

I ran the new live update to make sure that had no effect and it still happened afterward,
Thx for your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 03:35:45 pm »
Check if this might be the result of an uncalibrated joystick axis, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16690.msg119173.html#msg119173

Dallen1919

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2017, 06:05:21 am »
Deleted the key assignment (Y) with no effect.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 03:05:08 pm »
Deleted the key assignment (Y) with no effect.

That's not what you should have done. Doing this, you deleted the Slew main toggle event event from the KEYBOARD, so you cannot put the airplane in slew with the keyboard anymore.

You should have removed the Slew movement event from the Axes of the JOYSTICK instead. And be sure that all Axes (in SLEW mode!!!) were removed from ALL joysticks.

If you don't want to do that, then you must calibrate ALL joysticks and set the Null zone correctly.

Dallen

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 07:23:07 pm »
There were no slew  joystick assignments to delete.
I can work around this by initially moving the plane from the active via GSX to a gate so I know the correct size and then properly positioning the plane  to that gate via the FSX menu. Thx for your efforts . I am sure your time is better spent on more serious issues. If it becomes an issue for some reason I will get back to you.
Thanks for your usual attention and outstanding work.