Author Topic: GSX Disabled in User Settings  (Read 4327 times)

jtbetteridge

GSX Disabled in User Settings
« on: November 16, 2017, 12:43:04 pm »
What?
Why?
How?
I haven't done anything except reinstall Addon Manager.
I can't load GSX, the message is:
"GSX has been disabled on this airport by user settings"
It's enabled in Addon Manager and the drop down GSX menu offers a "disble" option, implying that it should be enabled so I haven't a clue what this frustrating issue is!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Disabled in User Settings
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 01:11:54 pm »
As discussed in so many other threads about the "GSX has been disabled on this airport by user settings" error, it's caused by not having run the FSDT Live Update or, by having an external software (antivirus or firewall), which is blocking the Live Update from completing the download.

Be sure you configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning and run the FSDT Live Update from the icon on the Desktop.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 01:15:08 pm »
Thanks for your very quick response.
I'm sorry if it's a repetition of others, but as I haven't changed any settings, including antivirus settings, it seems strange suddenly to have a new problem after 4 years of using GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 01:18:41 pm »
I'm sorry if it's a repetition of others, but as I haven't changed any settings, including antivirus settings, it seems strange suddenly to have a new problem after 4 years of using GSX.

Your antivirus keeps changing (automatic updates), regardless if YOU make changes to your settings, if it has started to mistakenly block the updater, it would result in not all files being downloaded, which result in that following error, which can only happen if you have a mis-match of old/new files.

Unless you disabled it, of course, but I guess this is not the case, so it must the Live Update being prevented to complete, because of an external software blocking it.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 01:29:22 pm »
I've just reset the antivirus exclusions.  They had been deleted!  I'll keep an eye on that in future.
Thanks