Author Topic: Disappearing parts of vehicles  (Read 1767 times)

crauds

Disappearing parts of vehicles
« on: November 15, 2017, 11:47:46 am »
Hi Umberto!

I remember having this some time back with other addons and the fix was to include

STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647

in the FSX.cfg file.  I have that permanently in there but yesterday afternoon and this morning I am noticing parts of loading vehicles are missing (wheels on the wagons, actual cart in the middle of one train, etc) and so I ran the full-update with latest Couatl GSX and ran FSX again (ULLI gate 67, B744 v3, FSX SP2) .  Again same problem but this time 2 inivisible containers being loaded into the plane!  I have Win10 Home 64 version and received 4 updates yesterday.  This may be related or not.  I had not been watching the loading process the last couple of days to notice if the problem pre-existed  prior to the Win10 updates yesterday.   I have I7 7700K OC to 4.8 with 16 GHZ RAM and this is in a default minimum scenery airport.  Only GSX is showing missing scenery elements.  Everything else is fully displaying.  Any suggestons?

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Disappearing parts of vehicles
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 08:49:36 am »
Only GSX is showing missing scenery elements.

Whenever you see missing parts of objects, it's never a problem of GSX or a scenery, and it's *always* a problem of a tweak that you shouldn't apply. Fact you only see this with GSX, only means you don't have other scenery objects that use the same materials/shaders (which are of course fully standard) that in your case are exposing the problem caused by some tweak.

I'm not sure if the issue in your case is that specific tweak you reported, because tweaks that work on a system might not work on another one, that's why they are not documented in the first place but, first of all, reset the FSX.CFG to default ( move it to another folder, so the sim will create a new one with all default settings ), and apply ONLY the HIGHMEMFIX=1, which is the only tweak that is absolutely required.

Note that, you might want to save all the lines containing this:

Simobjectpaths=

from your old FSX.CFG file, otherwise you'll have to reinstall several addons (GSX, SODE, and others), because they won't work without their lines added to the simobjects search paths.