Author Topic: new version GSX 2.2  (Read 8911 times)

nhlking

Re: new version GSX 2.2
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2017, 12:22:41 am »
So you mean the problem is, that i have to much dynamic lightning on one place?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 12:26:03 am »
So you mean the problem is, that i have to much dynamic lightning on one place?

It's not so simple. Yes, the impact on fps it's the number of dynamic lights (airplane+scenery+gsx vehicles) combined, but also the complexity of the scenery being lighted.

And, of course, the kind of antialiasing has a big impact on fps.

nhlking

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2017, 12:33:01 am »
So the PMDG is completly cold and dark at La Palma.

Without GSX i have high frames.

With GSX is dropping, this time i requested dircetly boarding and i had 6 baggage carts on my position.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 01:27:13 am »
Without GSX i have high frames.

Have you tested on a default airplane and a default airport, as I've asked ? Then, if the fps will go up, you can also say "Without PMDG and Aerosoft, I have high frames".

Or, you might also test the PMDG on a different airport, because the issue with low fps when calling GSX at Aerosoft La Palm is known, happens only there, happens at day to, so it doesn't have anything to do with the new version of GSX or Dynamic Lights, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14339.msg105683.html#msg105683
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 01:29:22 am by virtuali »

nhlking

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2017, 01:48:57 am »
So i tested it now on your Geneva Airport. This airport have no Dynamic Lightning or?

With a default aircraft on a default airport i get normal frames.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2017, 02:14:48 am »
So i tested it now on your Geneva Airport. This airport have no Dynamic Lightning or?

In order to affect DL performances, the airport doesn't need to have Dynamic lights. It will be worse if it has them but, as I've said in one of my previous messages, the fps loss caused by Dynamic lights depends ALSO on the detail of the scenery being lighted.

And, it's not entirely correct saying that "Geneva has no Dynamic Lightning". Even if we haven't explicitly placed DL effects, some default Effects, like those for beacons, etc., has been updated by LM to be Dynamic Lights so, even older airports will get some of them without having to be updated.

With a default aircraft on a default airport i get normal frames.

I was sure of it, so this clearly proves GSX, or its new version, is NOT the problem. It couldn't be since, as I've said (several times), the objects haven't changed since many months, when we added DL to them for the first time.

In any case, I also tested Geneva and, while there is some kind of fps impact, it's very reasonable, going from 57 to 53 fps. See the Attached screenshots, before and after calling GSX.

nhlking

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2017, 04:27:10 am »
Before i run the gsx updater everything was fine. And since i run the updater,  i have not updated anything else.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2017, 04:05:19 pm »
Before i run the gsx updater everything was fine. And since i run the updater,  i have not updated anything else.

We haven't updated the vehicles either, since the first time we ever released vehicles with DL so, this clearly cannot be caused by the Live Updater.

It's just that you must have changed another setting, and noticed the fps decrease only after running the updater, but that was just a coincidence.

But that's not really the issue here. As you can see from my previous screenshot, taken at the same airport, the fps impact of the GSX vehicles at Geneva at night is very reasonable, and I obviously use the latest version of GSX.

Not that this would make any difference because, as I've said, NOTHING in the vehicle models has changed, and the models themselves are the only thing were DL are defined.

Also, as you said yourself:

"With a default aircraft on a default airport i get normal frames."

That's the final confirmation that update couldn't have anything to do with this. I hope you don't really believe a GSX update could have any effect of the fps loss caused by a 3rd party airplane, since you say a default airplane has normal frames.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:08:50 pm by virtuali »