Author Topic: Couatl_Updater.LOG opened upon startup of windows 7  (Read 4811 times)

carlosmax50

Couatl_Updater.LOG opened upon startup of windows 7
« on: November 05, 2017, 12:02:25 am »
Hi guys!

For now a while ago got a window that popup upon start asking me to "OPEN WITH" when i choose notepad, they show me a log from

2017-05-31 16:54:46.678   Log opened. (Time zone: UTC+02:00)
2017-05-31 16:54:46.678   Setup version: Inno Setup version 5.5.9 (a)
2017-05-31 16:54:46.678   Original Setup EXE: B:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Add-ons V4\Addon Manager\Couatl_Updater.exe
2017-05-31 16:54:46.678   Setup command line: /SL5="$809EA,253199,169472,B:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Add-ons V4\Addon Manager\Couatl_Updater.exe" /product=ALLPRODUCTS /silent /log=C:\Users\Skylake v2\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\UpdateCache\Couatl_Updater.LOG

now i see where the locations is but when i go to the right folder the file name Couatl_Updater.LOG is not there... This is getting annoying how can i fix that??

Have an awesome day...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl_Updater.LOG opened upon startup of windows 7
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 12:59:11 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to with GSX or any of our products.

You must have a software that has been configured to open *.LOG file that starts up with Windows, most likely because you once wanted to open a file with that extension and, that software is also configured to start with Windows.

See here how to remove programs that starts with Windows:

https://www.howtogeek.com/74523/how-to-disable-startup-programs-in-windows/

carlosmax50

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 07:56:27 pm »
well is weird that u say that. The log is all about FSDT.. no other software then FSDT.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 09:30:36 pm »
well is weird that u say that. The log is all about FSDT.. no other software then FSDT.

Not "weird" of course. Have you read my explanation ? Some OTHER software, which is starting with Windows, is trying to open our log, most likely because YOU used it to read it, and it somehow saved that setting AND is starting with Windows.

Both things are of course entirely unrelated to our software, but only to the fact that you must have opened this file with this software which, incidentally, starts with Windows. I cannot possibly say which software might be, which is why, I pointed you out to a link which explains how to control and eventually disable all software that starts with Windows.

carlosmax50

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 02:27:59 am »
i did read it but i cant find the software who is doing this.. should i disable all of then?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 09:57:33 am »
How the popup window looks like ?

carlosmax50

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 05:29:33 pm »
here! you wanna see the log as well??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 09:59:29 am »
As I've said, several times, the fact this program is trying to open our log file, is entirely coincidental, and it doesn't have *anything* to do with us!

As for your screenshot, the software has registered .LOG files to belong to a "Skylake" application, something that you might have removed now. That's why Windows is asking you "How do I open .LOG files NOW ?". Because the application that decided a .LOG file is a file of the "Skylake" type doesn't exist anymore, so Windows wants to know how to open it.

carlosmax50

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 04:11:41 pm »
i know that this has nothing to do with your software so please you need to stop pointed that out. Should i do a system restoration?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 10:00:08 pm »
i know that this has nothing to do with your software so please you need to stop pointed that out. Should i do a system restoration?

I have no idea what that "Skylake" program or filetype is, or when you installed so, I cannot possibly say if a system restoration will help, because it depends on the date of the last restore point, compared to the date this issue happened.

carlosmax50

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 10:09:39 pm »
weird though Skylake is the name of my pc.. Crap I no idea what to do... Reinstall my system is NOT an option..