Author Topic: Getting Couatl constant error on JF Dc-8-21 **SOLVED**  (Read 2904 times)

DrJester

Getting Couatl constant error on JF Dc-8-21 **SOLVED**
« on: October 28, 2017, 05:22:44 pm »
I'm getting a very specific error on the Just Flight DC-8-21. I've tried it on the others(JF DC8-40/30/) and it all loads fine.
Saying no, then the scripting engine crashes and I lose KIAH(Because it is a FSDT airport). Using P3D v4.1

couatl v3.2 (build 3852)
panic log started on Sat Oct 28 12:18:55 2017

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\__init__.py", line 137, in onSimStart
  File "couatl\common\collisions.py", line 54, in reloadGeometries
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 1338, in getAircraftData
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 765, in __init__
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 908, in _processGsxCfg
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 977, in _processGsxCfgFile
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 1003, in _processGsxCfgExit
AttributeError: 'AircraftData' object has no attribute 'exits'
{'Airport': 'KIAH'}
Loading aircraft data from Airplanes\JF_Douglas_DC8-21
Error ' File contains no section headers.
file: D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_Douglas_DC8-21\aircraft.cfg, line: 2
'title=DC-8-21 AirSpain\n' ' parsing D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_Douglas_DC8-21\aircraft.cfg
Found gsx.cfg file at D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_Douglas_DC8-21\gsx.cfg
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 770, in onSimStart
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 1338, in getAircraftData
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 765, in __init__
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 908, in _processGsxCfg
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 977, in _processGsxCfgFile
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 1003, in _processGsxCfgExit
AttributeError: 'AircraftData' object has no attribute 'exits'
{'Airport': 'KIAH'}
Loading aircraft data from Airplanes\JF_Douglas_DC8-21
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:33:58 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Getting Couatl constant error on JF Dc-8-21
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 06:26:54 pm »
The aircraft.cfg for that airplane is surely corrupted, like a [fltsim.xxx] section is missing.

DrJester

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 02:58:17 am »
The aircraft.cfg for that airplane is surely corrupted, like a [fltsim.xxx] section is missing.

thanks for the reply!

I checked and rechecked, and I can't spot anything. In fact, I even did a side-by-side comparison on both files, with the exception of new liveries, FSFX, and my sordid attempt at improving its lights, there's nothing different.

Here's the .cfg, in case you want to check it out.
Thanks again for the help.

https://pastebin.com/ut1duxpn

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 02:23:19 pm »
I don't see anything wrong in your file but, using Pastebin might have changed it. Please ZIP the file (both the working one and the non-working one) and Attach them to your post. Two separate .ZIP files, one containing each aircraft.cfg.

DrJester

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 09:41:45 pm »
I don't see anything wrong in your file but, using Pastebin might have changed it. Please ZIP the file (both the working one and the non-working one) and Attach them to your post. Two separate .ZIP files, one containing each aircraft.cfg.

Here they are!

Sorry for the delay, got distracted with a few things,plus recovering from surgery...

And thanks again for the reply! I've included the Dc-8-21 aircraft.cfg that is defective, and a couple more from the ones that are working, in case you need to see any patterns or something.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 11:39:27 pm »
And thanks again for the reply! I've included the Dc-8-21 aircraft.cfg that is defective, and a couple more from the ones that are working, in case you need to see any patterns or something.

I think the issue is the file that doesn't work is encoded in UTF-8 with a BOM (Byte Order Mark), while every aircraft.cfg we ever found before, has always been encoded in ANSI with no BOM. Maybe you edited with an editor that defaults to this encoding when saving ?

Try the attached file, converted back to ANSI.

DrJester

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 06:19:13 pm »

I think the issue is the file that doesn't work is encoded in UTF-8 with a BOM (Byte Order Mark), while every aircraft.cfg we ever found before, has always been encoded in ANSI with no BOM. Maybe you edited with an editor that defaults to this encoding when saving ?

Try the attached file, converted back to ANSI.

Thank you! That worked!

My apologies for the delay in testing and replying, my CPU watercooler clogged and i couldn't run anything CPU intensive, and I only managed to install a new one yesterday.