Author Topic: Windows Defender Trojan with new couatl install  (Read 3539 times)

flybird141

Windows Defender Trojan with new couatl install
« on: November 03, 2017, 01:28:57 am »
After update of FSDreamteam, every time I install couatl or after uninstall of all products and reinstall of just one I get a warning and isolation of this attached trojan.

This couldn't have come at a worse time as I am suppose to fly into several of your airports this weekend on Twitch!~!!!  All products started in trial mode and do not load.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 01:30:12 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Windows Defender Trojan with new couatl install
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 01:31:10 am »
That's an antivirus bug, of course. Typical case of a false positive, just that it never happen with Windows Defender before. Allow the program to run and exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning.

flybird141

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 01:34:35 am »
Tried doesn't work.   Everything worked fine til i did an update with FSDT Live Update....that is what stared this.

flybird141

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 01:45:51 am »
I added the folder exclusion and it appears to have worked thanks.

Thanks for the quick response, I was going nuts, just have to reinstall everything again.

flybird141

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 01:54:53 am »
Well I thought it worked.  Now when I open the sim P3d V4 and try to enter the serial number it just does nothing. The box disappears and it does not go any further.  And the scenery isn't loaded.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 01:57:31 am »
Try running the Live Update again, now that you excluded the folder. It's possible that Windows Defender might have removed the file.

flybird141

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 02:02:11 am »
I removed all products and eliminated  out the file and reinstalled and it seems to be working.   Thanks, Now just have to install the airports again...I own all of them.