Author Topic: How to remove third luggage carrier **SOLVED**  (Read 5236 times)

Ad

How to remove third luggage carrier **SOLVED**
« on: November 02, 2017, 07:35:39 am »
I have a problem with having a third luggage carrier (Bagage Train Empty Main) that's moving around my PMDG 737-800WL.
It's running around through the other carriers and buildings, makes strange turns through itself and does nothing else.
Even when i move it via Customize Vehicle Locations to another part of an airport it's coming back to my aircraft position.
It happens at every airport.
My configuration: P3Dv.4.1, Windows10, Firewall and virus scanner off, run all my programs as administrator, latest version of GSX and Live Update.
I hope that there's a solution to remove it.

Regards,
Ad
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 12:52:44 pm by virtuali »

maca11

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
This is not a bug, and GSX has always been like that since the first version. The baggage train for a cargo door that doesn't exist (in this case it's the Main Cargo door) was always placed on the parking, but it would go away because it's not needed. The idea is that train was already there in the parking, but it went away if it wasn't needed for your airplane.

Of course, you might have not noticed it before, because most of the GSX airplane configurations are for two cargo doors so, when GSX only supported two loaders, it was uncommon to see an "unused" baggage train to go away, unless you had a plane configured with a single door.

Now that we support 3 cargo doors, it will be more common to see the 3rd unused one to go away, so you see something new (which was always like that), and are assuming there's a problem, but that's how GSX always worked.

Maybe we might change this behavior by having that vehicle appearing only at Cargo parkings, this would make it more realistic, since we might assume it was there because the previous plane that went there *had* a Main Cargo door.

Ad

Hello Umberto,

Many thanks for your fast reaction.
I know that it isn't a bug
I'm using the Customize Vehicle Locations addon on regular base.
And working with it i always could see some 'invisible' items for my PMDG 737-800WL.
For instance i detected some other 'invisible' items like: BaggageLoaderMain(default) and PassengerStairsMiddle(default).
These items are not used for the B737-800
You should make me happy when this BaggageTrainEmpty is 'invisible' again.

I'm a member of a FlightSimulatorClub and this weekend we give demonstrations at the great FlightSimulator Event at Lelystad, The Netherlands.
See: www.fsweekend.com
And because of this carrier problem i can't demonstrate GSX fully working, visitors start laughing when they see a carrier navigating through other items/traffic.
Or you must have a fast solution.   ??? ;D

Regards,
Ad

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
And working with it i always could see some 'invisible' items for my PMDG 737-800WL. For instance i detected some other 'invisible' items like: BaggageLoaderMain(default) and PassengerStairsMiddle(default).

Those are invisible indeed, which is a difference compared the Train.

You should make me happy when this BaggageTrainEmpty is 'invisible' again.

Not "again".

The baggage TRAIN it's a different case, and it wasn't ever invisible, even in previous versions. As I've said, you only noticed it now, because it's now more common to have an "extra" train, since not many airplanes have all 3 cargo doors active. Before, you would only notice the extra train if your plane only had ONE cargo door but, again, GSX always worked like this.

And because of this carrier problem i can't demonstrate GSX fully working, visitors start laughing when they see a carrier navigating through other items/traffic.
Or you must have a fast solution.   ???

As I've said, we might change this behavior by having that vehicle appearing only at Cargo parkings, this would make it more realistic, since we might assume it was there because the previous plane that went there *had* a Main Cargo door.

Ad

As I've said, we might change this behavior by having that vehicle appearing only at Cargo parkings, this would make it more realistic, since we might assume it was there because the previous plane that went there *had* a Main Cargo door.

Changing this behavior should be great.
The baggagetrain appears now at every parking/gate.

mtbrkhrd

I too would welcome the removal of the third baggage cart on passenger gates. If it were just there and move away, that would be OK I guess. However when asking for de-boarding (with default vehicle positions) it first crosses the rear stairs, then circles the aircraft to the starboard side, only to do a weird 180°-turn, or sometimes a few rounds along the starboard side, before moving away.

So having the third baggage cart to only appear on cargo stands would be perfect. OR it could be made visible ONLY if the third cargo loader is being used on the aircraft, otherwise it would be invisible.

Anyway, I hope it can be removed form PAX stands soon, as it is quite the disturbance.

davidal

I too would welcome the removal of the third baggage cart on passenger gates. If it were just there and move away, that would be OK I guess. However when asking for de-boarding (with default vehicle positions) it first crosses the rear stairs, then circles the aircraft to the starboard side, only to do a weird 180°-turn, or sometimes a few rounds along the starboard side, before moving away.

So having the third baggage cart to only appear on cargo stands would be perfect. OR it could be made visible ONLY if the third cargo loader is being used on the aircraft, otherwise it would be invisible.

Anyway, I hope it can be removed form PAX stands soon, as it is quite the disturbance.

Same opinion here!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Fixed in the current Live Update.

claude101141

Re: How to remove third luggage carrier **SOLVED**
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2019, 10:46:15 pm »
HI Umberto,
My GSX is regularly updated as soon as I get the information. Nevertheless I still have this bloody third  Baggage loader coming circling around the plane and positioning at the same place as the cargo loader in the front hold door! It looks really stupid!

Where should I look to stop this nonsense.

A suggestion: Please put an index at the end of the manual. It's a nightmare to try to find a specific subject in the manual with 68 pages to go through.

Thanks in advance
Claude

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2019, 10:39:25 am »
My GSX is regularly updated as soon as I get the information. Nevertheless I still have this bloody third  Baggage loader coming circling around the plane and positioning at the same place as the cargo loader in the front hold door! It looks really stupid!

Where should I look to stop this nonsense.

The "nonsense" is caused by your custom airplane configuration. The issue is, even if we fixed this in the internal configuration GSX comes for an airplane, if you have a custom configuration you made (maybe one you did trying to fix this), YOUR custom configuration will take precedence over the one that comes with GSX.

The airplane configuration editor will tell you from *where* GSX is taking its configuration from. If the airplane is internally supported, it will say "GSX internal data", otherwise it will indicate the name of a custom GSX.CFG for that airplane, which can be either in the airplane own folder (together with the aircraft.cfg file) or in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes

If you press the Reset button on the airplane config dialog box, it will restore to its default configuration for that airplane.

claude101141

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2019, 11:15:11 am »
Good morning as a matter of fact...it used to be at times the correct way of beginning or pursuing a discussion in civilized countries!

Anyway:
The problem occurs with the Tom DC 40 and I used the GSX.CFG of "oz10tashus" which can be downloaded here at the end of his post: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6698.0.html

I wanted to have the stairs at the right position and the result is 100% positive. But for the 747_400 whatever livery or other planes I always have this "Nonsense". If the developer of the plane addon doesn't give the information GSX needs I can't be held responsible.

I'm sorry to say that I REFUSE to pay huge prices for Planes' payware whatever their realistic operational behavior. I find totally ridiculous people having had previously worked in the airline industry to waste their time with what SHOULD BE CONSIDERED A GAME AND CERTAINLY NOT REALITY.

And to close the discussion, I find that you should learn to behave with your customers!

Thanks
Claude ROZSA
Paris-France

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2019, 11:26:54 am »
Good morning as a matter of fact...it used to be at times the correct way of beginning or pursuing a discussion in civilized countries!

I agree with you and, in fact, you restraining from using terms like "bloody baggage loder", "nonsense" and "stupid", would have gone a long way...

And to close the discussion, I find that you should learn to behave with your customers!

So, you felt offended by my quoting of YOUR "nonsense" word, which was made just to point out a less than appropriate language, which wasn't even the strongest of the 3 YOU used ?

But ok, as you asked, we'll close the discussion. Topic is locked.