Author Topic: Couatl Crash when using GSX  (Read 2767 times)

Banalisator

Couatl Crash when using GSX
« on: October 30, 2017, 07:57:18 pm »
Hello folks,

I got a new problem with my GSX. After spawning with default or addon aircraft at a default or addon airport, I opened the GSX menu, chosen an option, then the Couatl Engine crashed.

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in switchToState
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 674, in enter
  File "couatl\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 144, in requestVehicles
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 907, in prepareGate
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 2005, in setGate
AttributeError: type object 'SceneryAddOnMulti' has no attribute 'setGate'
{'Airport': 'EDDF', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate A 28', 'User Pos': (50.04469312589547, 8.564831502798151, 113.353 m, 2.40614 m, 158.9571103971288)}

I searched the forums for the "SceneryAddOnMulti" error, found nothing helpful. Reinstalled GSX, the Addon Manager and the Q400 for v4 (latest freshly installed addon, installed two days before the problem occured the first time, worked after installation).

Thanks for any help!

elButz

Re: Couatl Crash when using GSX
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 11:53:50 pm »
Regards,
Johannes Butz

Banalisator

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 08:23:07 am »
Hi Johannes,

thank you very much. I'll try what has been suggested there.

Seems like the live update for GSX 2.0.0.2 fucks up the installation.

elButz

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 11:01:34 am »
No it does not but it seems to be held back by old files within the couatl folder, as stated by Umberto in that post.
Also you should be using GSX version 2.2.0.0!
Regards,
Johannes Butz

Banalisator

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 11:17:28 am »
Yes of course. Got the version number wrong in my mind, of course its 2.2.0.0  ::)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 02:20:24 pm »
Seems like the live update for GSX 2.0.0.2 fucks up the installation.

No, it obviously doesn't, otherwise we would have the forum flooded with reports, since there are several thousands of users that downloaded it. If the Live Update really caused a problem, you wouldn't even be able to access the forum, because everybody would try to read/post...

Instead, it has been reported only by an handful of users so, it's clear there must be something wrong externally. As I've said, an antivirus or a firewall is the most likely issue, because all the crash logs seems to indicate that files weren't updated, in some cases referring to files that has been updated months ago, like in your case.

So, either the antivirus/firewall is preventing the Live Update to do its job, which is simply downloading the current files and copy them to your folder, or you did something very strange, like trying to overwrite the current GSX version with an outdated installer (before June 2017), that had a different Live Update, running on a different update server that we don't update anymore.

These are the only two possible reasons I can think of, if you are not getting the latest files.