Author Topic: Couatl Constant Restarting  (Read 7857 times)

joshfellows1997

Couatl Constant Restarting
« on: October 28, 2017, 12:52:14 pm »
Hello,

Every time I request something from GSX it will crash Couatl and keep trying to restart it constantly.

I have tried it with different aircraft, different airports, different requests and all come back with GSX crashing and offering an error log, asking if I want to restart it which I press "Yes" and sometimes it will restart and the same issue occurs or it will continue coming back to me with an issue log when trying to restart it which then requires me to press restart again.

Please see attached of 2 scenarios.

I used the Addons PMDG 747 V2 and the FSLabs A320 in all tests.

I have also run the FSDT Updater before restarting the sim with the same occurrence.

Best Regards,
Josh
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 03:05:38 pm by joshfellows1997 »

elButz

Re: COATL Constant Restarting
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 01:11:22 pm »
Hi Josh,

I came to find in another thread that the airplane config for GSX of the last version might interfere with the latest build. I'm also getting crashes in PMDG 737, 777 and 747v3 products as well as the FSL A320.
In case of the A320 I've made a new config file within the GSX "customize aircraft" menu of the latest build to ensure compability.
If I've got no config for the FSL A320 in the aircraft folder, GSX works and if I've got a config in the aircraft folder Couatl crashes at every command I give through the GSX menu.
For PMDG airplanes I have no configs whatsoever, as they work good enough for me without further cusomization.
Regards,
Johannes Butz

joshfellows1997

Re: Couatl Constant Restarting
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 02:05:03 pm »
Hi Johannes,

Where would I be able to find these cfgs? I haven't actually set up a cfg or downloaded one for any of these aircraft.

elButz

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 02:26:58 pm »
AppData Roaming -> Virtuali -> Airplanes is the folder. The FSL A320 needs a config for the correct refueling, water and waste positions. Also I have hopes to use the third cargo loader for the bulk cargo once GSX works.
Regards,
Johannes Butz

joshfellows1997

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 03:06:10 pm »
Thanks, so do I just remove the FSLA320 folders to see if it will work? I tried it with the PMDG and like you said no change here.

elButz

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 03:17:53 pm »
yes, just move the folders so GSX can't read the files.
Regards,
Johannes Butz

elButz

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 03:57:32 pm »
I found a solution that works for me. As I removed all FSDT products and installed one by one, testing if there was any of the FSDT native add-ons causing GSX to constantly crash on me.
GSX - when installed freshly, with all folders in ProgramFiles (x86), ProgramData and AppData Roaming deletet entirely - worked just fine, with no crashes. When I installed other FSDT products the crashes came back.

For me the solution to first install all FSDT products except for GSX, deleting the Virtuali folder in AppData Roaming and also deleting the couatl folder in the ProgramFiles (x86)\Addon Manager directory and only then start installing GSX with the latest available installer.
Regards,
Johannes Butz

josh_drummond

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2017, 11:54:19 pm »
Why would I have to do this for something that has been working for months?  I up dated mine ever sense the new addon manager came out and it was fine then.  Now I get this error.  I have done NOTHING to my sim except adding the 787-8/9 sense then and that should not effect anything at all with the Coautl Engines.  I should be able to install new products from FSDreamteam or anyone else that uses the software and it should work.  What changed now?

elButz

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2017, 12:16:04 am »
I would guess that Couatl has a new version that is required to run the latest GSX version but can't overwrite itself.
There's very little to uninstalling GSX, going into the ProgramFiles (x86) folder, deleting the old Couatl and installing GSX again...
Regards,
Johannes Butz

josh_drummond

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2017, 02:33:05 am »
So uninstall GSX and delete Couatl engine folder in appdata is that correct?

elButz

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2017, 08:57:19 am »
no, Couatl is located in the ProgramFiles (x86) folder on your windows installation drive. That should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl

uninstall GSX, delete the couatl folder and reinstall the latest version, see if it works.
Regards,
Johannes Butz

Guenseli

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2017, 10:00:19 am »
I had constantly restarts also.
Installing GSX again after other FSdreamteam Airports did the trick.
thanks

B777ER

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2017, 04:27:53 pm »
Sounds like a issue that needs to be addressed by FSDT.
Eric

elButz

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2017, 05:16:55 pm »
I would guess that on some systems the latest installer doesn't overwrite couatl with the latest version that seems to be vital for use with GSX 2.2.0.0...
Regards,
Johannes Butz

CrazychrisX1

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2017, 06:31:17 pm »
I would guess that on some systems the latest installer doesn't overwrite couatl with the latest version that seems to be vital for use with GSX 2.2.0.0...

It seems like the installer fucks up at some point, because i had a fresh and new and latest GSX version, and still when i installed a FSDT scenery, Couatl started crashing each time i wanted to do something with GSX, be it boarding, fueling, catering, whatever.