Author Topic: Losing Registration AGAIN  (Read 3482 times)

rockliffe

Losing Registration AGAIN
« on: October 26, 2017, 10:48:43 pm »
This is getting really boring. I thought I had seen an end to this after my last post    http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16701.0.html       I am experiencing exactly the same issue again. This time I have just installed GSX. I have been configuring it and ensuring it works well at my favourite airports. It worked fine at several airports but when I park the NGX at Aerosoft  Barcelona and go to open GSX, voila, nothing shows up. When I go to the P3D menu to addon manager, there is no GSX showing. It has disappeared. So I go to re-register the serial number and it shows it is in trial mode. I go to CYVR and there are no buildings or terminals. All my FSDT airprots and GSX are all in trial mode. When I go to enter the serial numbers nothing happens!!!!!!!!!!! Help appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Losing Registration AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 09:18:47 am »
Your problem is NOT the loss of activation.

Since you said you are also missing the GSX menu, the most likely cause for this is that the Couatl module hasn't started, most likely because your antivirus might have blocked it, mistakenly assuming it might be a threat (it obviously isn't, its just your antivirus catching a false positive)

Try to reinstall GSX with the antivirus disabled, and before starting the sim, add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus exclusion list.

rockliffe

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 11:49:23 am »
Your problem is NOT the loss of activation.

Since you said you are also missing the GSX menu, the most likely cause for this is that the Couatl module hasn't started, most likely because your antivirus might have blocked it, mistakenly assuming it might be a threat (it obviously isn't, its just your antivirus catching a false positive)

Try to reinstall GSX with the antivirus disabled, and before starting the sim, add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus exclusion list.

Umberto, I don't have AV. Neither do I have a firewall active. Full user control too.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 01:58:24 pm »
Umberto, I don't have AV. Neither do I have a firewall active. Full user control too.

Are you sure you don't have an antivirus ? Not even the default Windows Defender ?

rockliffe

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 02:04:21 pm »
All switched off! I'll double check in a minuten and ensure it hasn't somehow started up in services. I'll report back shortly.

rockliffe

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 03:37:44 pm »
Just went back into P3D started up at Barcelona to find GSX working and all my airports registered! Really unsure what is going on. No AV with firewall switched off. Now starting defender and adding coutal as an exclusion, even though defender is switched off.