Author Topic: FTX Iceland and GSX  (Read 4826 times)

parsec71

• Hekla Aurora - 757
FTX Iceland and GSX
« on: October 23, 2017, 12:09:46 pm »
I have a problem getting GSX to work with the free demo FTX Iceland. After installation of the scenery, GSX cannot find anything, be it gates, parkings or runways.

I posted this problem at the ORBX forum, but the developers didn't bother answering, probably because I wrote that after the trouble with GSX, it was unlikely that I would buy any of their products...  :P

I've tried modifying the positions of the BIKF airport with GSX, and saw that GSX accesses the standard BGL and not the ones provided by ORBX. I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem.
FSDreamTeam products: GSX, KJFK, KCLT, KMEM, KIAH, KORD, CYVR, PHNL and KSDF.
Finally on Prepar3D v4.3...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FTX Iceland and GSX
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 02:16:56 pm »
Some possible reasons why GSX don't use the AFCAD that comes with a scenery:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16598.msg118066.html#msg118066

parsec71

• Hekla Aurora - 757
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 02:42:11 pm »
If there's any logic in this... if GSX indeed does use the default BGL file, then why doesn't it use the runways, parking slots and gates defined in the file? Why does it report that nothing exists?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 02:52:03 pm »
if GSX indeed does use the default BGL file, then why doesn't it use the runways, parking slots and gates defined in the file? Why does it report that nothing exists?

If GSX is really using the default AFCAD, then it's not possible you won't see any parkings or runways. You will see the ones that are in the default scenery, which will likely not match the ones from the OrbX one, but you should see something, if your default .BGL hasn't been altered.

I checked it now and, of course, all parkings and gates at default BIKF are there in the list.

parsec71

• Hekla Aurora - 757
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 03:15:42 pm »
As far as I can tell, the original .BGL-files haven't been altered. The dates match up to the installation date of FSX Steam Edition.

I've checked a couple of other Icelandic airports too, BIHN and BIEG, and they all share the same problem.

I've installed FTX Iceland one time before, with the same problem, but as soon as I uninstalled the scenery, GSX worked normally again.

So this is rather peculiar...  ::)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 03:22:34 pm »
I've installed FTX Iceland one time before, with the same problem, but as soon as I uninstalled the scenery, GSX worked normally again.

- Enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page

- Choose the "Restart and Rebuild the airport cache" option from the Couatl menu

- Exit from the sim and check your Couatl.LOG file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder. Maybe something there will tell something about the problem the FTX installation is causing.

parsec71

• Hekla Aurora - 757
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 03:49:44 pm »
The log-file was quite big, 84 KB!

This error for BIKF, and other Icelandic airports:

Warning: airport BIKF described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record

I also had this error for Aerosoft Malaga X, LEMG, but GSX works normally there.

parsec71

• Hekla Aurora - 757
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 12:52:01 pm »
Well, I renamed the original .BGL-file for BIKF, and copied the ORBX .BGL-file renamed as the original. This .BGL-file is rather large, over 40 KB, but GSX must have read it because all the functions I tried with GSX worked flawlessly with the ORBX .BGL-file. That included warping to the selected gate from the active runway, request for catering, request for boarding, push-back and finally a follow-me car out to runway 02.

It's so nice when everything runs smoothly!  ;D

SGT.WHITE

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 11:03:59 pm »
Can you please explain how and where you find the orig .BGL so I can do the same to fix this issue with my sim?

simtom

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 09:38:25 pm »
Well, I renamed the original .BGL-file for BIKF, and copied the ORBX .BGL-file renamed as the original. This .BGL-file is rather large, over 40 KB, but GSX must have read it because all the functions I tried with GSX worked flawlessly with the ORBX .BGL-file. That included warping to the selected gate from the active runway, request for catering, request for boarding, push-back and finally a follow-me car out to runway 02.

It's so nice when everything runs smoothly!  ;D

I'm having the same issue as you but I can't seem to find the original .BGL file.

simtom

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 04:33:30 pm »
I think that I managed to fix the issue by simply copying the 01_APTXXXX.bgl files (found in P3D\ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8\Scenery) to P3D\Scenery\World\scenery. Now GSX correctly finds the gates/parkings.