Author Topic: Problem with freeware plane and airport  (Read 3266 times)

claude101141

Problem with freeware plane and airport
« on: October 21, 2017, 03:52:49 pm »
Good morning, I'm new with Gsx and probably this problem has been answered already.
When I ask fpr services in freeware airports like here in KPIT with a DC 10 most of the services are not in
line with the doors of the plane. Is there a way to correct this and if so how?
Thanks
Claude

Eisbahn

Re: Problem with freeware plane and airport
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 08:07:49 pm »
Good morning, I'm new with Gsx and probably this problem has been answered already.
When I ask fpr services in freeware airports like here in KPIT with a DC 10 most of the services are not in
line with the doors of the plane. Is there a way to correct this and if so how?
Thanks
Claude

Have you ever tried reading the manual?

claude101141

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 10:24:29 pm »
Well yes I've read although the very small characters is a problem to concentrate on the reading, I've even printed the whole 180 pages of it! Funny how some people enjoy giving lessons to others instead of having  a more positive behavior to say the least...
Perhaps you may suggest a chapter I missed due to my canonical age! ;D
Anyway I'll check your answer if any; here in Paris it's 10:30pm. Tired and going to sleep.
Best
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 10:26:07 pm by claude101141 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 01:12:52 am »
I've even printed the whole 180 pages of it!

The GSX it's about 45 pages. Are you sure you are looking at the right one ?

claude101141

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 06:59:48 am »
Quite sure Umberto, I have the document under my eyes. It depends of the print's characters size and here for a reason I did not manage to change, the pdf file has been printed in small format which makes it awful to read.

For the moment the only planes I use which give correct placement of the services are the default fsx ones independently of the airports as explained in the manual, if I remember well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 02:55:25 pm »
For the moment the only planes I use which give correct placement of the services are the default fsx ones independently of the airports as explained in the manual, if I remember well.

As clearly indicated in the manual, GSX supports several popular addon airplanes that don't require any extra configuration. But, if the plane you have is not one of them, you MUST create a configuration for it the first time you use it. The manual has a very detailed explanation how to do this.

claude101141

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 06:26:52 pm »
Yes, I've checked that after having at last found the chapter and hurt my eyes with the small printing!
May I make two suggestions:

1/ You should insert at the top of each page of the manual its number as to make sure pages are not mixed up unless one has put the manual in a file. Personally I prefer to read on paper than on a screen

2/ An index at the end of the manual would be most useful with the reference to the pages where the word or topic is used. It would quicken the search. Today most of the word editors can do that automatically. I used this device with Word for my book on my Grand Canyon hikes.

I'll try to customize the position of the doors so they are in line with the vehicles and stairs for my DC 10. I suppose the 3D method must be the easiest to use for that. What is your advice?

Thx
Claude

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 08:20:43 am »
Yes, I've checked that after having at last found the chapter and hurt my eyes with the small printing!

What do you use to read PDF ? I don't find the font to be particularly small and, I guess you should know that, every PDF reader has a zoom feature.

1/ You should insert at the top of each page of the manual its number as to make sure pages are not mixed up unless one has put the manual in a file. Personally I prefer to read on paper than on a screen

Pages are all numbered at the top, and the number is very visible.

2/ An index at the end of the manual would be most useful with the reference to the pages where the word or topic is used. It would quicken the search. Today most of the word editors can do that automatically.

Well, yes, if you read on paper. Reading with Acrobat Reader, the Search function makes an index redundant.

I'll try to customize the position of the doors so they are in line with the vehicles and stairs for my DC 10. I suppose the 3D method must be the easiest to use for that. What is your advice?

Yes, of course the 3d editor it's easier. The dialog should be used mainly to specify which variable controls the door, in order to let GSX knowing if it's open or closed.