Author Topic: Aircraft positions incorrect at EDDL  (Read 3425 times)

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
Aircraft positions incorrect at EDDL
« on: October 14, 2017, 01:06:03 pm »
I am using Aerosoft Mega Airport Dusseldorf, in P3dv3

All the aircraft parking spots do not align with where the aircraft is, when the sim is first loaded.  The aircraft is off by about 20m.

I use the GSX Customise airport positions, however this does not appear to get saved and I have to re do the positions at every new load of the flight sim.

Interestingly, all the AI (UT2) aircraft parking spots are not aligned either.

Is there anything I can do or is this a problem for Aerosoft?

Best regards

David

"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aircraft positions incorrect at EDDL
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 01:28:11 pm »

If AI are not aligned, it's a clear sign GSX doesn't have anything to do with it, and it's a problem caused by another AFCAD in conflict. The most common cause of conflicts are those AFCAD supplied with AI traffic products, which are supposed to be used only if you use the default scenery, but must be removed if you have an addon.

You can use the free Simple Airport Scanner utility to search for duplicates AFCAD, or check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX in the parking customization page.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 04:39:02 pm »
UT2 doesn't add any airport files, but do you also have for instance ORBX Germany North?

C130

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 09:32:01 pm »
UT2 doesn't add any airport files, but do you also have for instance ORBX Germany North?

I don't have Orbx Germany North, but do use Orbx scenery for Europe.

The UT2 AI and my aircraft have the same offset positions, I can disable UT2 and after re doing the GSX positions they come back once I re do one position.

Thanks for the reply, there is obviously a conflict between Aerosoft and Orbx. I have Aerosoft Zurich which is perfect. Fly Tampa Vienna, also perfect. Orbx Innsbruck is also perfect. It's only Dusseldorf that's wonky!

I used to mess with afcads in my FSX days. I made such a mess of things I am not going to mess with editors again.

Many thanks again.
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 10:44:49 pm »
 Hmm, well if you don't have FTX Germany North then ORBX isn't the issue. The afcad may have issues or you might have a conflicting airport file/afcad/ade as Umberto mentioned above.

C130

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 11:18:22 pm »

If AI are not aligned, it's a clear sign GSX doesn't have anything to do with it, and it's a problem caused by another AFCAD in conflict. The most common cause of conflicts are those AFCAD supplied with AI traffic products, which are supposed to be used only if you use the default scenery, but must be removed if you have an addon.

You can use the free Simple Airport Scanner utility to search for duplicates AFCAD, or check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX in the parking customization page.

Thanks. I used the Scruffy Duck simple airport checker. No duplicates found.

I fiddled with the UT2 Power Pack application and it showed some sort of iato/icao conflict. Something to do with DUS and EDDL already being assigned?  I am not sure if it's fixed. The UT2 Power Pack has a conflict checker and it said no conflicts found.

The only problem I had in moving all the GSX parking spots was the Stop position. Whilst I can move it forward and back with 0 and 9 keys, I can not move it sideways.

Anyway, thanks again. Really appreciate GSX, it's very good.

Best regards

David.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 11:32:38 pm by C130 »