Author Topic: Conflicts with PMDG 744 v3. Please help!  (Read 1960 times)

crauds

Conflicts with PMDG 744 v3. Please help!
« on: October 24, 2017, 06:40:15 pm »
Hi Umberto!

I did find the "multiple trips" option in the menu as you suggested.  I ran the PMDG 744 again with demand for 270000 lbs fuel and multiple trucks did appear in succession BUT, each truck took over 5 minutes (LFPG north parking) to reach the plane and then only a few seconds to complete the fill!  Each time 2750 gal was flashed on the screen briefly and then the  animated attendant immediately began to disconnect the hose.  2 more trucks appeared, each taking 5 minutes to travel to the plane but only less than a minute to complete its filling!  Also seems that there is no way to use GSX to load cargo or board passengers because B744 has no provision to manually open doors!  Has any one found a better workable solution.  The time to fill and load that you had programmed in earlier versions of GSX seemed much more realistic.  I only tried once with PMDG NGX since my upgrade and I think it was performing correctly, but the fill time again seemed much too short.  Any advice, Umberto?

Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Conflicts with PMDG 744 v3. Please help!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 10:41:49 am »
We you keep saying it was "different" in previous versions ? We haven't changed anything in the Fuel handling! Of course, when I replied to you in my previous message, to confirm that multiple trips are still working fine as they always did, I tried with the default B747, and of course it worked just fine, with 100% realistic timings.

If you are having an issue only with PMDG planes, I think it's just an issue of not understanding how differently the refuel works, when a plane using a non-standard fuel system is used and in case of the PMDG 744, if it has its own progressive refueling simulation. It also depends how you use the PMDG turn-around features too and if you enabled or not the "always refuel progressively option in GSX".

This is explained at Page 17 of the GSX manual, with an example of usage with the PMDG777, which is a plane with a custom fuel system and a progressive refueling simulation. You must follow that exact procedure, in order to have the GSX refueling work with it.

But the main difference is:

- If the airplane use a default fuel system, which GSX identifies by the option "Show the fuel and cargo dialog during refueling" in the airplane configuration, it will be refueled BY GSX, which will change the actual fuel quantity in the plane, progressively.

- If the airplane has its own custom fuel system ( the "Show the fuel and cargo dialog during refueling" airplane option is Disabled ), the refueling will be controlled ENTIRELY by the plane itself, GSX won't touch the fuel quantities, it will only *detect* a constant increase in the fuel quantity, as an indication the refueling is still going on, so it must continue to have trucks arriving/going away, until the flow stops. So, GSX is being controlled BY the airplane in this case.

And, about not being able to open the PMDG 744 Cargo Doors, you surely can open them manually from the "FS Actions" -> "Doors" menu in the FMC. However, they might not work, if you haven't configured your airplane system correctly. See here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/503350-cargo-doors-wont-open/

The manual notes that you need to have one of the GENs set to AVAIL (not in use) in order for the doors to open. So, if your APU is on, use APU L for power, and leave APU R at AVAIL. Same goes for the GPU.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 10:48:18 am by virtuali »

crauds

Re: Conflicts with PMDG 744 v3. Please help!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 03:09:10 pm »
Thanks, Umberto!

I think I have things set correctly now in GSX.  I found menu that gives me direct control of opening crago doors (using Passenger B744 model) but not the Left passenger doors (seems B744 v3 calls the jetway to 2L instead of 1L as in the older version).  I am currently midflight but will try my new settings shortly.  I read Kyle's post about cargo doors requiring hydraulic power but seems it specifically applied to Cargo Models.  Will test it out shortly.  Again thanks.

Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64