Author Topic: updates  (Read 3237 times)

ha5mvo

updates
« on: October 06, 2017, 12:11:27 pm »
Hi,
Not before too long, gsx was updating regularly and frequently.
However, it had been several months, if not half a year since the last update.

Is that the case, or did I miss something?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: updates
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 12:39:28 am »
The last Live Update for GSX came in August 31th so, it's not half a year and not even several months, it's just 40 days.

Maybe you think it hasn't been updated, because you don't see the *notifications* anymore. This has been explained on the forum several times: the notification system is currently disabled, because we must adapt it to the new Live Update which, opposite to the old one, is able to update *everything* from FSDT, not just the GSX code, as it used to be.

This means, for the time being, you won't received any notification so, you must simply launch the FSDT Live Updater to be sure you are fully updated. If you did it after August 31th, then yes, you DO have the latest version.

During these 40 days we were working on very important new features that are required by the upcoming KSDF scenery, but there will be several improvements that will work everywhere too. It should be released before the end of this week, if all goes well.

joefackel

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 08:38:04 am »
Hi,

i have a small suggestion: i'm running the liveupdater occassionally, what i miss is a small summary afterwards if something is updated or also if there are no updates available.

BR
Joe

ozflyer

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 09:47:49 am »
Is the next release to coincide with P3D v4.1?.

When we upgrade to P3D 4.1, do we need to reinstall GSX?.

Will it need an uninstall and install again?.

Sorry I am new to P3D, I used FSX for almost 8 years, did not reinstall ever in that time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 09:44:53 am »
No GSX update is required to have it work in 4.1. We'll release an update very shortly, but it doesn't have anything to do with 4.1 support, it's only required to support the new KSDF scenery with its unique cargo loading method.

There's already a thread discussing upgrading the sim, and how easy is to do it with any of the FSDT add-ons:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16610.msg118108.html#msg118108