Author Topic: GSX Sounds cut out in FSX  (Read 2135 times)

samwheeler

GSX Sounds cut out in FSX
« on: October 08, 2017, 06:08:10 pm »
Hi there,

I recently installed FSX, but I noticed with GSX that the sounds seem to cut in and out every 3 or so seconds. Any idea what could be causing that? Everything else on my computer sounds fine, including my sim. Just this sounds really weird and annoying.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Sounds cut out in FSX
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 11:33:51 pm »
Maybe your audio drivers have issues supporting OpenAL, which is the audio standard used by GSX.

Not all applications use it, which explains why you might think it's a GSX problem, only because it might be the only installed app you have that use OpenAL, so it would be affected if your audio drivers had an issue with it.

Sometimes audio drivers that comes with Windows work better than the custom one provided by the audio card manufacturer. Sometimes is the opposite so, there's no general rule, you should just try.

samwheeler

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 05:05:12 am »
Maybe your audio drivers have issues supporting OpenAL, which is the audio standard used by GSX.

Not all applications use it, which explains why you might think it's a GSX problem, only because it might be the only installed app you have that use OpenAL, so it would be affected if your audio drivers had an issue with it.

Sometimes audio drivers that comes with Windows work better than the custom one provided by the audio card manufacturer. Sometimes is the opposite so, there's no general rule, you should just try.

But this doesn't happen in P3D, only FSX. It's really annoying,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 01:29:52 pm »
But this doesn't happen in P3D, only FSX. It's really annoying,

Nothing in the GSX audio code has any knowledge of the sim it's running under so, if it doesn't happen in P3D, it's possible there's a conflict caused by another addon which also uses audio, something you don't have in P3D.