Author Topic: GSX Parking Selection Menu Problem  (Read 1530 times)

hanleybr

GSX Parking Selection Menu Problem
« on: February 11, 2018, 03:07:20 am »
Evening All,

I've tried to do as much research as I can, but I've noticed since a recent update for all airports that my menu when pressing CTRL F12 to select parking has changed. One part is more of a nuseance rather a problem, showing in the pictures you can see that there is a square on every line. The other is issue is on my Flightbeam KSFO, recently purchased it does not show what terminal is what, is that what its supposed to be or is there something I am doing wrong? It's just difficult to guess which gate to choose. Any help is great!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Parking Selection Menu Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 01:41:47 pm »
The explanation of why this happens could become very long, it's related to how FSX and P3D3 and P3D4 handle Unicode text differently (they are all different), so this was an unfortunate side effect of trying to share code as much as possible without undeeded data duplication and update hassles.

It's only a cosmetic issue, since it won't affect the operations in any way so, all things considered, we gave priority to P3D having the better representation.

The other is issue is on my Flightbeam KSFO, recently purchased it does not show what terminal is what

The precise indication of terminals, with their proper real world names, it's only something available to airports with special GSX customization, which are only the FSDT ones. Any other airport will have terminal grouping exactly as in the AFCAD, as specified by the scenery developer.