General Category > Unofficial F/A-18 Acceleration Pack board

FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET

<< < (3/95) > >>

oldpop:
Just install newest ver of FA18C in P3DV4. Attempted to follow all the "fixes" for the 64 bit system but still no DDI's. Is that normal for this stage of development?

Razgriz:

--- Quote from: oldpop on October 30, 2017, 04:30:27 pm ---Just install newest ver of FA18C in P3DV4. Attempted to follow all the "fixes" for the 64 bit system but still no DDI's. Is that normal for this stage of development?

--- End quote ---

Believe so for now

armenius:
Is there a way for me to change the blackout effect, or raise the G-limit where it occurs in the cfg? Doing a loop at 5 G and everything goes black, stays like that uncomfortably long. Is this supposed to be realistic?

Would also like to change the in-cockpit turbine sound or lack of, there is no change of pitch with throttle changes. Sounds great outside the aircraft.

PhantomTweak:
As to whether you can alter the in-built G effect: No, there's no way I ever heard about to change the effect of the values there-of.

As to the cockpit turbine sound: Yes you can. I believe you need to either edit the turbine's .wav file, or the sound.cfg file in the Plane's Sound folder. I'll check up on that some more and let you know more as soon as I can, ok? I'm no sounds expert, but heck, can't hurt to learn new stuff :D

Pat☺

Late Edit: Ok, I figured it out. There are two things you can do. Whichever you prefer. The easy, simple thing to do is to go to Settings>Sound> Cockpit, and run the slider up a ways. See what effect that has. If it's enough, then you're good to go. If not, well, ....
Second way you can do it is to get into the sound.cfg and change some settings. If you want to try that, I can show you what needs to be done, but I suggest the slider method first. MUCH easier and simpler.
Pat☺

armenius:
Turning up the sound isn't the issue. It sounds like a monotone APU in the cockpit, not like I'm strapped onto 2 F404's. I would like to hear the change in engine tone and pitch when modulating the throttles. View outside the aircraft sounds great, it would just have to be less volume in the cockpit. I would like to change the sound.cfg, just can't tell which section or what values to change.

Back to the G effect issue. What is going on here? Is no one else perplexed by this? Has the F-18 been downgraded to a 5G limit, or is this some Blue Angels customized setting because they don't wear G-suits. I black out at the top of my loop, stays that way for 10 seconds until the jet completes the loop and is heading back up the vertical. I've been reading about this F-18 for quite some time, with all the work done and experts contributing to the flight model. But this..its beyond words.. frankly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version