Author Topic: Open Exit 2 Message with Jetway activated??  (Read 6315 times)

skyymann

Open Exit 2 Message with Jetway activated??
« on: September 10, 2017, 07:58:21 am »
Hey Umberto,
This is a new one for me. Using PMDG 744V3 at the new LFPG (Nice SODE Jetways!). Im on the stand and request deboarding. I get the query about attaching the jetways and that works just fine. Now I keep getting a message to open exit 2. I have opened and closed exit 2 a number of times and I keep getting the message. I also made sure the gate showed Jetways. Any idea why this is happening?

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Open Exit 2 Message with Jetway activated??
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 12:40:59 pm »
If you use an airplane that comes with a full GSX customization, like the PMDG 747, and you see an exit referenced as "Exit 2", which is default name, this is a clear indication that an user customization is taking precedence over the GSX internal configuration, and it's surely wrong, because if it's named "Exit 2" is not based on the GSX internal database, but it started from a non-configured plane.

This might have happened because:

- You tried to configure the airplane yourself, before we added support for it but, since user configurations always take precedence over the internal data, your exiting config, based on incomplete data, is overriding the GSX one.

- You downloaded a configuration that someone made before we added support for the airplane in GSX, causing the same issue as above.

- The airplane hasn't been recognized as a PMDG 747, because it's airplane folder name has changed, either because you changed it, or because PMDG might have released a new variant that stays in a new folder. The airplane folder name is what makes GSX recognize a plane.

You can verify all of this, by opening the Airplane configuration editor in GSX, which will tell you from which data source GSX is taking its configuration from.

skyymann

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 01:54:51 pm »
I did change it after the initial issue. I was originally showing as Exit 4 for door 2L. I changed to to Exit 2.

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 04:20:24 pm »
I was originally showing as Exit 4 for door 2L. I changed to to Exit 2.

This still confirms everything that I said: a wrong user configuration, made when the plane was still unsupported, is taking over the proper one that comes with GSX. The name of the Exit should be something like L Entry X, just like the name used by PMDG in the FMC.

If you see "Exit X", it means it's not recognized, or configured with a wrong user configuration, one that was made when the plane was still unsupported. And note that, this is the name which is referenced by GSX when it shows the message asking to open a closed door, or the name you'll see in the "Name" if you click on the small colored box to edit the door. The Airplane editor itself, will always call it "Passenger Door #X"

As I've said, you can verify all of this, by opening the Airplane configuration editor in GSX, which will tell you from which data source GSX is taking its configuration from.

skyymann

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 05:40:25 pm »
OK, then it sounds like I need to reinstall GSX. I have done live updates. I'm guessing that will fix it.

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 11:10:14 am »
OK, then it sounds like I need to reinstall GSX

Nowhere I said you need to reinstall GSX!

I have done live updates. I'm guessing that will fix it.

Doing the Live Update will just ensure GSX is updated to the latest version so, if will fix your problem ONLY if your existing GSX installation was made BEFORE we added support for the PMDG 747 V3, which was some months ago.

But if you have an USER configuration for it, which was made based on an internal config when there was still no support for the PMDG 747, your configuration will ALWAYS take precedence over the one from GSX, even if you update GSX.

THAT'S why I said you should verify this, by opening the Airplane configuration editor in GSX, which will tell you from which data source GSX is taking its configuration from.

If you see from that page that GSX is using an user-made configuration, you MUST remove it, either by pressing the "Reset" button in that page, or by removing the file manually from the location listed there. Only then, the GSX internal configuration will work. Provided, of course, GSX itself is updated to the current version, which surely contains a PMDG 747 configuration in its internal database.

skyymann

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 09:39:00 am »
That was the issue, problem solved!
Thanks Umberto!!

Scott

vc-10man

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 12:15:39 pm »
Different plane. CaptSim's 737-200 and -200ADV.

I keep getting the same Open Exit 2 message when asking for boarding despite the fact that I have opened/closed/opened the Left Side rear exit.And I have not touched any of the user configurations. Just left it as it is.

Is this particular aircraft customised to GSX, or do I need to do something to get Exit 2 recognised? Or is there a config file for it?

Thanks for any assist.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 12:25:13 pm by vc-10man »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 10:13:39 am »
Is this particular aircraft customised to GSX, or do I need to do something to get Exit 2 recognised?

The Captain Sim 737 is not contained in the internal GSX database.

As I've said in all my previous messages, you can verify this, by opening the Airplane configuration editor in GSX, which will tell you from which data source GSX is taking its configuration from. You should do this either to know if an airplane already comes with a GSX internal configuration, or to check if you have another user-made configuration that might be incorrect, and revert to the internal one.

If you Reset a configuration for an airplane that didn't had a GSX internal configuration to begin with, the program will try to use whatever information it has, using this order:

- The aircraft.cfg ( not very precise, but always available )

- An AES intelliscene.cfg file ( better, but not as good as GSX )

Both data sources can be used as a starting point to create your own configuration for an airplane that doesn't have one.

With airplanes that use custom variables for doors, which is common for Captain Sim planes, you should either figure out the XML expression to check the door status, or just configure GSX to ignore the door ( "door with no open/close checks" ), so you won't be locked with the message of waiting for an Exit to open, if you don't know the custom variable used by a 3rd party plane that use a non-standard variable to check the door status.

vc-10man

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 12:05:42 pm »
Thank you for that response.

I'm not an expert at using the Configuration Editor in GSX, and I did try that 'door with no open/close checks' and it made no difference. Will try again.

Maybe there is a User Guide I need to source to use that Editor?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 11:11:11 am »
I did try that 'door with no open/close checks' and it made no difference. Will try again.

It's not possible you would still see any "waiting for exit" message for a door that has been set that way. Just to be sure, after you Save the config, select "Restart Couatl" after you edit the plane, so you are sure the new config is in use.

Maybe there is a User Guide I need to source to use that Editor?

The GSX manual explains all of that.