Author Topic: Download link takes me to mediafire? **SOLVED**  (Read 4311 times)

mesapilot

Download link takes me to mediafire? **SOLVED**
« on: September 03, 2017, 04:18:11 pm »
Hello,

It's been a little while since I've purchased a scenery but when I click the download link for charlotte that I just bought it takes me to a mediafire page with a bunch of ads. This doesn't seem like FSDT so is this correct? I'm not clicking ANYTHING on that page unless it's normal. From what I recall it just started downloading straight from FSDT before. Any ideas?

Scott Erb
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 11:25:39 am by virtuali »

brian williams

Re: Download link takes me to mediafire?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 12:22:12 am »
Hi
I have the same problem,all the download links take me to mediafire.
Brian

BreadedAlmond

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 04:11:20 am »
This is more than likely their new file distribution.

mesapilot

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 07:19:00 am »
I want to hear that from them. I find it very hard to believe. It looks very unprofessional and it's full of ads. Can we get an answer on this please FSDT?

Scott Erb

stiarol

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 08:15:47 am »
I'm paying for an addon and get sent to a website filled with ads and popups...? Not at all OK in my books.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 11:25:34 am »
It’s all normal, we always hosted all our downloads on Mediafire since many years, but of course, we use a full (paid) business account, which means we always pay for bandwidth, so you get what looks like a direct link, with no ads or extra pages.

The issue is, because of the sale, which went much better than anyone could possibly anticipate (even compared to other sales we had in the past), the bandwidth consumption went over the roof because lots of users are downloading at the same time, so the site reverted to the free mode (with ads), until we got a chance to order new bandwidth, and for some reason, the feature that order new bandwidth automatically was disabled, so I couldn't realize we were in the negative numbers, until this morning when I got back to work.

It’s all fixed now, so you should see the download starting normally with no ads.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 11:41:18 am by virtuali »

stiarol

Re: Download link takes me to mediafire? **SOLVED**
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 11:36:26 am »
Thank you very much Umberto for you explanation. Congrats on a successful sale then  ;D

mesapilot

Re: Download link takes me to mediafire? **SOLVED**
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 08:58:01 pm »
Thank you, Umberto! Much appreciated.

Scott Erb