Author Topic: No Addon Manager in P3D V4  (Read 4972 times)

mutz

No Addon Manager in P3D V4
« on: August 25, 2017, 12:22:06 pm »
Gents
I have P3DV3 and V4 running on two different SSD. --> the reason for P3D V3 still running  is the TACPAC  ;D

Ok so I tried to install GSX, LSGG, LSZH and PHNL into V4. Unfortunately no joy. I tried to V4 only or on both Simulators no joy.
I have no addon manager in V4 to activate the aiports. I installed all on the default path, reinstalled and uninstalled ...nada. In P3DV3 is it present and active....
What could be the issue here? any ideas?

Any help appreciated.
Cheers Mutz

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Addon Manager in P3D V4
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 03:34:59 pm »
First, be sure you have the P3D V4 Hotfix installed because, if you don't, there was a bug that, if the dll/exe.xml were corrupted by another addon (we don't use them anymore), the sim won't load any other plugin. The solution in this case, would be removing the corrupted dll/exe xml file, or install the hotfix.

If you already have the hotfix installed, be sure you install with the antivirus disabled, and configured to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning.

mutz

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 11:30:12 am »
Thanks for the fast answer.
Unfortunately still no joy.
I have all uninstalled and fresh installed. P3DV3 works excellent.
In P3DV4 I have it in the scennery library, in the game I have the RWY's but no buildings. Seems logic to me, as I have still no ADDON MANAGER to activate the sceneries...
Is there an option to install the ADDON MANAGER manually? (dll.xml?)
I have no clue what the installation does, it reports all correct (installing in P3DV4).
Registry issue?( I had before installed V4 on anohter disc, but had to change due to space:-)), did all correct with de-install of all elements.
Any ideas are appreciated :-)
Cheers Mutz

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 02:51:18 pm »
Please re-read my previous reply, about the Hotfix and, the lack of it which would cause (IF you have a corrupted XML file) the sim stopping to load ALL modules, even those (like our own) that DO NOT use the dll/exe.xml files.

This bug was fixed in the Hotfix but, if you haven't installed it AND one of your dll/exe.xml files either under %APPDATA% or %PROGRAMDATA% is corrupted by another application that use them (our products DO NOT use them!!), you must remove the file to fix the bug of the sim that prevented to load any executable if there are problems in one of these files.

mutz

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 03:17:40 pm »
Ok, one big step is done. GSX, LSGG and LSZH are working.
However, PHNL is still not working, means I can install it and all seem to be ok. But if I try to start at PHNL P3DV4 is blocking and then I get a CTD.

I have a 4k Screen (3840x2160), Win 10, and an i7-5930K. The graphic card is a Nvidia GeForce 980 GTX. Installation is made at the Default path.

Cheers Mutz

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 12:06:33 pm »
But if I try to start at PHNL P3DV4 is blocking and then I get a CTD.

The most likely issue for this, is that you have a problem with an AI airplane that appears only there, so you believe the airport is the problem, when it isn't.

And yes, the problem might disappear if you uninstall/disable PHNL, but still that doesn't mean PHNL is the cause. Due to the different AFCAD in use when the default scenery comes in, it's likely the offending AI might not be there anymore, because of the different parking assignment, sizes, and airline codes.