Author Topic: Paint Kit & User Vehicles P3Dv4  (Read 2789 times)

MD-82

Paint Kit & User Vehicles P3Dv4
« on: August 03, 2017, 03:53:25 pm »
Hello,

I have downloaded the latest paint kit a week ago to have a go at custom vehicles. I made my own under the guise of the user folders. Because v4 has a different setup, I manually placed the user folders in the (now separate) addon manager/simobject/misc folder. When I finished my mods as per the paint kit, the catering truck didn't show up. I then placed the mod in the original catering truck folder. Added the commands in the sim.cfg and it appeared. My question is, does the latest Paint Kit work with v4 as advertised? Because I'm affriad of losing my work next time GSX gets updated.

Cheers,

Xander

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Paint Kit & User Vehicles P3Dv4
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 03:30:16 pm »
My question is, does the latest Paint Kit work with v4 as advertised? Because I'm affriad of losing my work next time GSX gets updated.

It's not installing automatically, but it should work if you install it manually as you did.

It's possible some SIM.CFG files of the paintkit might not be updated to the latest versions, which might explain why the vehicle doesn't show so, check if all parameters of the [Couatl] section of your repaint are the same as the one that comes with GSX.

MD-82

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 01:27:11 pm »
Will do.

Thanks

Filsaime_28

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 08:25:30 am »
I just attended a trade show for vehicle wraps and it was very nice. I think that wraps are better alternative to the paint. They had shown a lot of samples at their trade show displays and I liked many of them. Will get one soon.