Author Topic: GSX not working FSX **SOLVED**  (Read 15404 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working FSX
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2017, 04:15:43 pm »
I see that this folder: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes. Is set to read only. But i can't change it. I keeps reverting itself.

Please don't touch anything. That's not an issue.

GSX often says he can't find a valid AFCAD. This is only at a few airports. At the most airports i can't get gsx to work at all.

Try the "Restart Couatl and rebuild the airport cache" option.

melssim2

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 05:28:08 pm »
As i've said before: i've tried anything. It's getting really annoying right now. I rebuilded the cache a dozen times.

melssim2

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 06:44:38 pm »
Sometimes when i press the show menu button, i get a message that the parking is too small. I then go and click on the small airplane icon in the adjust airport pos. menu and then he does recognise the parking facilities.
However, when i press the button again, the menu does not come up. So i am not able to get the GSX menu (req. boarding etc...) AT ALL.

marvic

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2017, 07:47:49 pm »
Re-checked all my key bindings and tried other key mappings. Installed the GSX standalone addon manager. restart and re-built airport cache. Still no joy. I have track IR 5, P3Dv3.3, AS16, Full FSUIPC and LINDA. All my Saitek controls are run by FSUIPC. Not sure where else the key bindings would affect GSX? I get the drop down menus and click on the key mapping. GSX does not indicate anything. Is there something I am missing?
Cheers, Marvic.

melssim2

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2017, 09:40:55 pm »
Same for me :(. Tried everything.

I really need a solution.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2017, 03:47:18 pm »
P3Dv3.3

Could be the usual problem of having upgraded the P3D Client only, without installing the Content ? It's a very well known P3D installation problem that, if you upgrade P3D using the "Client" installer, the files needed to support the new menu styles won't be installed, which results in ALL 3rd PARTY addons with a menu stop working, not just GSX, but also FS Passengers, SODE, and countless of other 3rd party apps that displays an in-game menu.

The issue can be fixed by installing the P3D "Content" or the P3D "Full" installer.

melssim2

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2017, 05:56:28 pm »
I really want to arrange a tv-session. It's been almost a week, and still no solution :(

marvic

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2017, 07:21:11 pm »
Yes I have installed the client and content. I did notice that t stopped working after the live update did the updated KLAS files. Not sure and not assuming it had anything to do with that, but that is around the time I could not use GSX. Sode is the latest and it works and I also have Precip FX for general and Airbus and it also works. I'll install the content again and report back.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:25:55 pm by virtuali »
Cheers, Marvic.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2017, 09:26:32 pm »
I really want to arrange a tv-session. It's been almost a week, and still no solution :(

You must send me a PM to arrange this.

marvic

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2017, 01:55:43 am »
well, I installed the P3Dv3.3 content. No joy. So I installed P3Dv3.4 client and content and still no joy.  I also ran the FDST updater.
EDIT: parked at KLAS gates, I get the open hanger door menu but no services menu.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 04:07:50 am by marvic »
Cheers, Marvic.

sacrayton

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2017, 02:01:56 am »
I am having the same issue. I can see the GSX cones around the aircraft, and GSX shows in the menu. Will try to find if another program has taken over the GSX key command.

Stephen

melssim2

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2017, 10:26:55 am »
I even tried to change the key mappings to everything that not involves F12. For example: TAB + backspace or space.

Even this did not do the trick. Please help me!

melssim2

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2017, 04:04:24 pm »
I've send you a pm. I did not receive an answer from you :(.
It has been two weeks since i have this problem, and it's still not sorted out by FSdreamteam.
I kindly ask for having a session THIS week.

Thank you in advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2017, 04:07:54 pm »
I've send you a pm. I did not receive an answer from you :(.

You sent your message during the weekend (Saturday), and I don't "always" work on weekends (do *you* always work on weekends? )

I replied to your PM several hours ago, with instructions how to install TM and start a session. The message is not in my Outbox anymore, indicating that you already read it.

melssim2

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2017, 08:30:57 pm »
I did not read it until just now :) I'll give it a try.