Author Topic: short stops using GSX  (Read 2623 times)

Kai-Uwe

short stops using GSX
« on: August 30, 2017, 02:31:41 pm »
hello,

in P3Dv4 I've noticed that very action with GSX (pushback commands, calling for something spoken orders of the marshaller...), even the call of GSX itself causes a little, very small break of animations in the background which are not made by GSX, like driving busses and other vehicles like AI etc. Thew stops (or breaks) are very small, maybe a half of a second but they are noteable. Can I do some changes in settings to avoid this?

Kai

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: short stops using GSX
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 08:54:21 am »
When you first call GSX, it's entirely normal you'll see a pause, because the sim is creating all the GSX vehicles, so it will stop until they all appear. There's nothing you or we can do about this, because that's how the sim works when objects are created.

However, it's not normal that, after all the GSX objects are already visible, that every subsequent command would result in pauses, especially those that do not belong to GSX.

I cannot reproduce this, but I can make some guesses:

- You changed the sim affinity mask somehow, maybe because you read some suggestions on forums but, there's no "right" value, because it depends on the other running programs. Usually, the best value is using no value at all, which is the default, which means that Windows will handle itself the task of assigning different processor cores to different task.

- You have other 3rd party products that send a lot of commands in a very short amount of time using Simconnect, clobbering the communication channel with the sim, so we don't have enough time to send our own commands in time, which get queued, so when we finally get the chance to talk with the sim, the queued commands might cause the sim to pause by not being able to process everything in time. Weather engines are known to cause this issue, but not all of them, some are less resource-hungry than others.

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 02:11:55 pm »
Thanks Umberto.
I don't do experiments with AM or HT because there is no verified benefit for this, you are right. But now I have the beta objectflow.dll from ORBX in my focus. The latest version putted my CPU amount to nearly 100%. The version before seems to be much better and smoother. Now I try a leg without this file; lets see after it.

Kai

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 11:20:41 am »
But now I have the beta objectflow.dll from ORBX in my focus. The latest version putted my CPU amount to nearly 100%. The version before seems to be much better and smoother.

I was quite sure your problem didn't have anything to do with our software, and was caused by another module.