Author Topic: CRJ baggage loader not spawning in  (Read 2737 times)

Wairus

CRJ baggage loader not spawning in
« on: August 07, 2017, 04:31:06 pm »
The baggage loader(s) don't seem to spawn in every time i'm flying the CRJ. GSX works with every other plane in my sim. Does not matter the airport or gate, the baggage loader does not show up, but only one of the two tug trains with the baggage spawn on the right side of the plane. That tug proceeds to drive close to the plane as if it wants to stop, but then turns around and drives off. The second tug spawns on the other side of the airport and just drives away. I've reinstalled the plane, GSX, the addon manager, and replaced the supplied files from Aerosoft about the correct ramp vehicle positions in the appdata folder. This issue beats me.

P3D v3.4
Windows 8.1
i7 4790k
GTX 1080

Thanks for the feedback

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CRJ baggage loader not spawning in
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 11:37:18 pm »
From your report, it seems the airplane door is too low to be reachable for any of our baggage loaders. I think the minimum height is about 90 cm.

If the door is less than the minimum reachable by any of the vehicles, GSX will use a "backup" strategy of showing just the truck, passing close to the airplane, then going away, so you will know that something happened and GSX was working, but it could find a suitable vehicle.

If the door's height it not too far from being over the minimum height, I guess you might "cheat" a bit, and raise it a few centimeters, until it's higher than the minimum height reachable by the loader. You can double check the correct number by looking in the [Couatl] section of the SIM.CFG file of the FSDT_Baggage_Loader vehicle, it should be something like 0.90.

Note that, if the door is set exactly at the minimum height, it might still not always work, depending of how much the plane weights, which will alter its actual height from the ground so, it's best to give it some headroom.

Wairus

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 01:54:03 am »
Thanks for the reply, when I open that folder, this seems to be the only string of numbers even relative to .90

pz = 0.99

Is that the correct string i'm suppose to look at? If so, I changed it to .90 and 1.05 and nothing changed. I will say that there is a stair case that spawns in behind and to the left of the RJ and goes to the front door, goes through the fuselage and stops right on the other end, then the top portion of the ladder floats off into the sky.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 10:36:08 am »
Thanks for the reply, when I open that folder, this seems to be the only string of numbers even relative to .90

Sure there is one:

condition = %(exitAlt)f >= 0.9 and %(exitAlt)f <= 4.5 and %(ULDCode)r == ""

This is telling GSX this vehicle will appear ONLY if the cargo door is higher than 0.9 meters from ground. So, you can change this restriction by lowering this number.

Or, you can change the configuration of the plane itself, and raise the door a bit.

In both cases, the loader won't be perfectly aligned because, regardless how any changes you do to the .cfg files, the actual model cannot *physically* reach lower than 0.9 meters.

There is a reason why there's such constraint: to prevent a loader to appear on a plane it's not supposed to be used with. But in some cases, a few cm. of difference might not be noticeable.

I will say that there is a stair case that spawns in behind and to the left of the RJ and goes to the front door, goes through the fuselage and stops right on the other end, then the top portion of the ladder floats off into the sky

This seems to indicate that, whoever made the configuration for the CRJ, has set the door position wrong. I'm sorry but, I'm on vacation now, so I cannot check this or verify if the GSX files supplied with the CRJ are correct, which is why I asked to Aerosoft a copy of the plane, but I'm unable to do this until I return, which will be around August 22nd.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 10:42:29 am by virtuali »