Author Topic: No Addon manager  (Read 7365 times)

christiaan

No Addon manager
« on: April 14, 2009, 10:05:10 pm »
I have many of your sceneries, however this evening I have no buildings at KJFK (not been to the other airports).
The Addon Manager has disapeared, I tried to downloaded the Addon Manager but it says that FS9.1 update
is needed.

Your sceneries have always worked on my FS9.

I have just downloaded OBBI REAL Ground textures a couple of days ago, and Incheon from Overland.

How do I get my Addon Manager back without installing the update as I do not know how it will affect all my other sceneries.

Please can someone help me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Addon manager
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 10:20:27 pm »
How do I get my Addon Manager back without installing the update as I do not know how it will affect all my other sceneries.

There's no way to use any of our products with FS9.0. The fact the scenery worked before, is purely incidental. We discovered several serious issues with FS9.0, that's why our installers now check the 9.1 update to be installed before going further.

You need to install the FS9.1 update. It will NOT affect any of your sceneries. In fact, NOT installing it will affect system stability, because FS9.0 has known memory leak issues that are fixed by FS9.1

As explained already in the forum, to PROPERLY install the 9.1 update, you need to have all the FS9.0 original files, including the FS9.EXE. So, to be more clear, you can't properly install the 9.1 update if you have a nocd FS9.EXE, you need to restore your original FS9.EXE BEFORE trying to install the 9.1 update, otherwise the update will not complete and you will have an even more dangerous setup, with a 9.0 EXE and the rest of the .DLLs from 9.1
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 10:23:33 pm by virtuali »

christiaan

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 10:26:49 pm »
Thanks for your quick answer.
When I try to install the FS9.1 update a I get a UPDATE ERROR 34 message, what does this mean.

I have checked, all my Dreamteam & Cloud 9 Airports, they all give a scenery change on 29 March at 13.34.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 10:29:23 pm by henry »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 10:30:12 pm »
As I've said, to install the update properly, you need to have ALL the .EXE and .DLL files from 9.0 to be the original unmodified versions.

Also, check if you have a BACKUP folder in your FS9 folder. If you have it, remove it.

And, if you have any file that is not the original version, you need to restore it from the FS9 CDs, using an utility that can open .CAB files (WinRar will do it), because you need to search for the original files in the .CAB files in the FS9 CDs.

christiaan

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 11:23:33 pm »
I apparentley did not have FS9.1 installed.  and therefore nothing have changed.

I found the following on Internet.
Update Error Type: 34
Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

You may receive the "Update Error Type: 34" error message if there is a registry value that is not valid for the location of the Fs9.exe file. To resolve this error message, correct the EXE Path string value in the registry. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
   2. Locate and then select the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0
   3. Right-click the EXE Path string value, and then click Modify.
   4. In the Value data box, use one of the following procedures, and then click OK:
          * Type the correct path of the Fs9.exe file. For example, type C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9 in the Value data box.
          * Delete the path in the Value data box.
   5. On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
   6. Double-click the Fs91upd.exe file to install the update.

Behind Flight simulator was a \ which I removed as suggested on the Internet Forum.
The update stated to installed until lit stopped at Processing modules\ABLSCPT.DLL.
Do you know what this is, I then cancelled. the update.
The last line in 4. *Delete the path in the Value data box, I presume it does not mean the path I had just altered.
In my Fl.Sim 9 map is next to the fs9 the  FS9.1 update file. Is this correct

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 12:54:40 am »
Instead of manually editing the registry, it might be safer to use the FS2004_IS_HERE program, that can be found here:

http://www.visualflight.info/downloads/fs2004-toolkit

christiaan

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 01:26:53 pm »
Enclosed see you a photo of the error message when installing the update.

I have the original ABLSCPT.dll in my module map.

I have download your recommended file but not yet installed it.

When installed do I have to start the update installation againfor fs9.1 to try and find the ABLSCPT.dll

Thank for your patience.

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 01:50:11 pm »
I'd be interested in knowing what that program is too.
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 01:57:47 pm »
I have download your recommended file but not yet installed it.

If you don't install it, there's no point trying further.

When installed do I have to start the update installation againfor fs9.1 to try and find the ABLSCPT.dll

I don't think the problem is specific with ablscript.dll, it's just that file is probably the first one to be updated, because of the alphabetic order. So, I think it's just a generic problem of the FS 9.1 update that can't find the FS9 folder, because of a problem with your registry, that the program I've suggested to use is supposed to fix.

You might have created this issue if you either moved your FS9 folder after installing it, or if you just copied a whole FS9 install from another machine or from a backup, without running the FS9 installer from the FS9 CDs. This wouldn't work, because your registry keys would be missing. The FS2004_IS_HERE program should fix that.

christiaan

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 02:35:21 pm »
Installed as you said as you can see from the attachment the paths are the same.
Any other suggestions to get your great airports back.

My computor crashed a couple of years ago, I installed ths FS2004 directly into  a second hard drive (D).
So I have not altered it in any way as I can think of.
I like to mention that the first time I ran de update from outside the FS2004 ut got the same problem as later.
As the installation was not finished I presume that nothing was changed as regards the modules.
I think I once changed the vertex ?? number as certain sceneries needed a different level than the original fs9 cfg in the hidden files section.

N.B.
BACKUP  0 bytes Unpatch.bak
Module map 4 files with same name as in main Flight Simulater 9  map
RTA86510 RTB86510
RTA63200 RTB63200
In main FS9 map they  seem to have been made during installation try.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 03:24:48 pm by henry »

christiaan

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 12:38:57 pm »
Virtually, thanks for your patience you have shown up to now.

Hope somehow my problem with the FS9.1 update can be solved soon so that I can to get all my airports back.

I was looking very much to the release date of Dreamteam's  your LAS VEGAS to add to my Dreamteam's collection of airports. I hope that this will still be possible.

Trying to be patient.

Henry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 01:56:13 pm »
You can try to check write permission for the FS9 folder, perhaps the updater is failing because it can't write to it. Check the permission on the main folder, and give the "Everyone" user read and write access, and be sure to apply the setting to the main folder + subfolders.