Author Topic: addon manager tweak check box; cannot find box AND seasons not changing  (Read 3768 times)

hriches2

Hi everyone,

today i am trying to get my FSDT Vancouver CYVR scenery to look a bit better because ofsome blurry textures. I go to the Addon manager and find that when i go to the airport, I cannot move any of the sliders for it says that i need to check the box. I cannot see a box to check. please help. Also I have had issues of downloading the full season choice for the airport but i only get summer when I spawn in any season. :-\

heres a picture to hopfully help.

thanks,

Harvey

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: addon manager tweak check box; cannot find box AND seasons not changing
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 11:29:44 pm »
Your picture clearly shows you have all the checkbox that enable the tweaks fully visible. Of course, in P3D V4, the "Force HD textures" is always disabled, since the 4K resolution can be easily set from the sim.

It's a setting that was only required for FSX, which doesn't allow you to go up to 4K and it lost the setting if you entered in the setting page, so the Addon Manager tweak prevented that but, it's not needed anymore in P3D.

Of course, with CYVR, it's not enough to just set the texture resolution, you must also choose the proper resolution when installing. Again, this was only really required with FSX, to save memory but, in P3D V4, you can safely install the highest possible resolution textures, with no fear consuming all memory.

We'll check why you have issues with the season switching, it's possible it might not fully work in P3D4, yet.

hriches2

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 09:28:39 pm »
thanks alot for your comment and now i understand. Just letting you know I did install CYVR with full setting for all the choices but still I see that it looks like I only installed the lowest instead of the highest settings.

thanks,

Harvey

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 10:14:55 am »
I did install CYVR with full setting for all the choices but still I see that it looks like I only installed the lowest instead of the highest settings.

It's not enough to just install CYVR with all the settings at maximum, you must also set the texture resolution in the sim at 4K, otherwise you won't see the full resolution.

hriches2

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 12:29:35 am »
got ultra on and the airport textures looks great.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 08:50:26 pm by hriches2 »

hriches2

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 01:08:28 am »
everything ok now with the textures. all I had to so was put up the texture resulution up to ultra in the settings.
Also the seasons now somewhat change but I do not get snow textures only summer and fall.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 01:13:10 am by hriches2 »