Author Topic: Cant activate GSX via the Addon manager  (Read 6650 times)

swaor

Cant activate GSX via the Addon manager
« on: September 23, 2017, 02:17:01 pm »

Hey, there
as you could already read in the title, I have some problems with activating GSX in the Addon manager.
A couple of days ago I did a clean uninstall and reinstall of P3D v3. Everything went fine, I could add all my
addon aircrafts and sceneries but I couldnt activate GSX for some reason. Everytime I go to the
Addon manager menu and click "Register Serial" the Activate window pops up as it should but as soon as
I insert my key in there and click "Ok" the window just disappears and nothing happens.
I already tried to uninstall the Addon manager / GSX several times but it didnt help.
I hope that someone can help me  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cant activate GSX via the Addon manager
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 09:43:14 am »
- Be sure you use the current GSX installer

- Check if you have both the Addon Manager and the GSX menus under the sim "Addons" menu.

swaor

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 01:04:36 pm »
I used the latest installer and in my Addons tab there is only the Addon manager. I think it has something to do with the dll.xml or the exe.xml also if I start the sim there is no couatl task. (I dont know if that is needed). And yes, I already tried to install the standalone Addon manager.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 02:03:52 pm by swaor »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 12:02:47 pm »
Couatl is required by all our products, and not just for the activation. Nothing will work without it. It's possible the antivirus has mistakenly blocked it because of a bug of the antivirus.

Be sure you download and install with the antivirus disabled, and configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning.

swaor

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 02:50:42 pm »
Ok, im gonna try that. Just to be sure, where can I find the Addon manager folder?

swaor

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 12:15:15 am »
Ok, I fixed it by using the Couatl_Updater.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager, adding this line:

<Launch.Addon>
      <Name>Couatl</Name>
      <Disabled>False</Disabled>
      <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>

Into the dll.xml and exe.xml folder in the C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3 folder
and completely reinstalling the GSX installer.  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 10:04:26 am »
Into the dll.xml and exe.xml folder in the C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3 folder

An .exe should be added ONLY to the exe.xml file. If you added it to the dll.xml file too, it will probably ignored, but I suggest to remove it anyway.

If you are using P3D 3.3 and less, the installer should have added the correct lines in the exe.xml itself.

If you are using P3D 3.4, the line in the exe.xml is not needed anymore, because the executable will be loaded from the add-on.xml file instead, which is the more "native" P3D installation method.

However, P3DV4 had a bug in the initial release (which has been fixed now) that, if you have your EXE.XML corrupted by another application defective installer, or if you have edited it by hand, it will prevent all the other executables from loading, even those not using it. I guess P3D V3 might have had the same bug so, it's possible that, if you had a problem in the exe.xml, it prevented to load Couatl.exe from the add-on.xml, just like in P3D V4 without the Hotfix.