Author Topic: GSX Gate Numbering **SOLVED**  (Read 4134 times)

dnunes

GSX Gate Numbering **SOLVED**
« on: August 06, 2017, 08:17:54 pm »
I am new to GSX and I am afraid this has been discussed before. I am now running P3D, after having been a long time user of FS9 and FSX, with AES.
With AES I would tell the follow-me car the gate number, as given by the controller, which was always in accordance with the gate numbering in the charts. With GSX this is not so. How do I get the relation between the gate numbers provided by GSX and the gate numbers in the charts?

Regards,

Domingos
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:40:42 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Gate Numbering
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 12:05:46 am »
GSX obviously use the gate numbers as they come from the scenery itself, since it reads its AFCAD file.

This might match the charts or not, depending which charts you use and if the scenery was made using the same charts. This won't be any different regardless if you used or not GSX. If the scenery doesn't match your charts, not even the default ATC controller would assign you to gate matching them.

So, normally, GSX will match the SCENERY exactly as it is so, you are supposed to see the same gates as you would if you used the standard "World->Go To Airport" menu.

If they don't match, then you have another problem, which is GSX using a different AFCAD than the one that comes with the scenery, which is not normal, but might happen if you have conflicting AFCADs, which is something you should try to prevent.

You can check which is the name of the AFCAD used by GSX, and be sure it's the one that comes with the scenery you are using.

dnunes

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 06:31:32 pm »
Thank you Umberto for your reply. I understand that GSX might look for the existing data, but this still puzzles me. Consider Heathrow: I have the Aerosoft scenery and I usually start at gate 512. This is the number in the scenery and the one that appears in the Navigraph chart. When starting P3D I ask it to position my aircraft at this gate at it gets there. When I was running FSX and using AES, when arriving to Heathrow (or any other airport) I would ask the AES follow me to lead me to the stand indicated by the controller, or of my choice. The gate numbers in AES were always in accordance with the gate numbers in the scenery. Now, when arriving to an airport (consider again Heathrow), GSX presents me a set of choices that I am unable to relate with the existing gates. How can I tell GSX to take me to gate 512? You say that I should expect to see the same gates as I see in the "World->Go to Airport" menu, but this does not happen, as I have said before: in the P3D menu I get the gate numbers as I see them in the scenery. About conflicting AFCADs this could hardly happen, as I have a pretty recent P3D installation, with only either original P3D sceneries or just one addon.

I hope you can help!

Regards,

Domingos

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 10:29:28 am »
How can I tell GSX to take me to gate 512?

You should see "Gate" as one of the choices and then, if you select it, you should see a list of all parkings which are flagged as "Gate". Instead of presenting a long list of *all* parkings, like in the Go To Airport menu, GSX groups them by terminal group, so it will be easier to scroll.

dnunes

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 12:51:37 pm »
Thanks Umberto! The "secret" was in the "Gate" entry: I tried it at Heathrow, asking for Gate 512, and it worked! I am sure it will be the same for other airports.

Best Regards,

Domingos