Author Topic: GSX latest build and PMDG 777 Cargo **SOLVED**  (Read 10315 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX latest build and PMDG 777 Cargo
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 12:55:09 pm »
I have a similar ussue with the 747. Since it has it's own stairs, I disabled the default stairs by setting the  door height to 0. The problem is that they still show up sometimes. The upper part of the stairs flies up into the sky.
However, if I choose reset position, when I call gsx again, it works as intended  (=no stairs).[/quite]

Your problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with this. The other user is complaining he doesn't see *any* stairs. You said you keep seeing them, until you restart, then they are disabled as you wanted. Which seems to indicate that, if you use the default configuration, you DO have the stairs, right ?

In order to fix the problem with the animation, if your goal is to remove the front stairs entirely, it might work best if you disabled the front door altogether, instead of setting it to 0. However, why you want to remove front stairs from a Cargo airplane ? Are you aware we are in a thread related to the Freighter version ?

Jeeno

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 01:12:31 pm »
So you think I've made a screenshot with the stairs inside the building? I'm speechless...

Since you made a screenshot with the loaders in the start position, which means even the stairs were in their start position, I obviously gave you the proper information in case you might have not noticed the stairs MIGHT have been inside the building.

So, I said that in order to help you finding what might be the problem. Instead, you took it in the wrong way so, in a way, I AM speechless too, because I was only trying to HELP you.

I made a fresh reinstall of GSX after a computer format, I installed the latest version, I don't know what to do to make it work properly. It's getting exhausting: in every single version there's something that doesn't work as it should.
However I will make a screenshot to prove that the stair is not in the building.

fabristunt

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2017, 01:24:09 pm »
Hi Umberto, I'm talking about the freither version of course. I removed the aft door, but left the front door. If I cancel that as well, will the boarding crew still work? Setting the door height to 0 used to work before the dash 8 received its own configuration, so I thought it would still sork. It seems it does, but only after i reset the position.

I think that jeeno's problem and mine are somehow linked. That's why I'm posting here. He doesn't see the stairs, but has gsx set up to show them. I sometimes see the stairs even if I have set gsx up NOT to show them.

It seems that GSX isn't loading up properly the first time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2017, 04:58:30 pm »
I made a fresh reinstall of GSX after a computer format, I installed the latest version, I don't know what to do to make it work properly.

Please run the FSDT Live Update now, I think I found the issue. It was related to an upcoming update we are working on were not all files are already available for release, which explains why I couldn't replicate it.

It's getting exhausting: in every single version there's something that doesn't work as it should.

In fact it's entirely the opposite: in every single version there's something that keep working better but, the issue is, problems are always noticed before improvements.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 05:15:45 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2017, 05:02:20 pm »
Hi Umberto, I'm talking about the freither version of course.

That seems strange, since this post was about the front stairs missing so, I wonder why you would want to remove the forward front door it on the freighter version ?

I removed the aft door, but left the front door.

This sentence is not very clear. What you removed, exactly ? If you wanted to the remove, exactly ? The front or the aft door ?

If I cancel that as well, will the boarding crew still work?

The boarding will always work, since there's nobody too see, it's just a simulated delay. But the airplane should have at least ONE passenger door, which should be flagged as "preferred"

p3dx3

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2017, 11:46:46 pm »
When I first load at the cargo ramp, and request boarding or de-boarding, every vehicle comes to my freighter EXCEPT the stairs. If in the gsx menu I restart gsx, then request boarding or de-boarding again, all vehicles including stairs appear.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 10:31:59 am by virtuali »

Jeeno

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 10:31:39 am »
I made a fresh reinstall of GSX after a computer format, I installed the latest version, I don't know what to do to make it work properly.

Please run the FSDT Live Update now, I think I found the issue. It was related to an upcoming update we are working on were not all files are already available for release, which explains why I couldn't replicate it.

Will try in some flights and report back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 10:33:57 am »
When I first load at the cargo ramp, and request boarding or de-boarding, every vehicle comes to my freighter EXCEPT the stairs. If in the gsx menu I restart gsx, then request boarding or de-boarding again, all vehicles including stairs appear.

I'm sorry but, if you installed the version just before the Live Update published yesterday, there's no way you could have seen a LADDER (relevant to CARGO planes, as this thread is about), regardless if you reset or not. If you install the current Live Update, it should always work now.