Author Topic: GSX - VAN  (Read 3733 times)

Fabio Krakauer

GSX - VAN
« on: August 01, 2017, 10:14:22 pm »
Hi, mi name is Fábio, i am a Brazilian guy, and my english is so bad, sorry. But i have a GSX, and when i request a bording, the passengers go to the aircraft with a van, not a Bus! How can i change the van to bus? Thank you, and one more time, sorry for my english kkk.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - VAN
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 01:49:36 pm »
Your problem is the airplane weight, which is too light.

GSX estimates the number of passengers, which drives both the boarding/deboarding times AND the choice of the vehicle, by dividing the station load weight by 220 lbs. This, of course, is explained on the manual, page 11.

Fabio Krakauer

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 06:00:59 pm »
On A320 CFM go a VAN! how i change? In 777 go a bus.... How i can change?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 03:27:23 pm »
On A320 CFM go a VAN! how i change? In 777 go a bus.... How i can change?

Have you actually read my previous answer ? Your problem is the airplane weight, which is too light.

GSX estimates the number of passengers, which drives both the boarding/deboarding times AND the choice of the vehicle, by dividing the station load weight by 220 lbs. This, of course, is explained on the manual, page 11.

This means, you must load the plane correctly BEFORE you call GSX.

sanookbkk

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 11:23:18 am »
This bus/van based on weight is not a good concept. I got van when boarding/deboarding a Full A319/20 many times.
If u using aerosoft A320 load manager with GSX , of course at the beginning of the boarding the acft is empty and GSX stupidly send you a Van  :P
Why not implementing an option to choose.Cessna captains could choose a Van and airliner's captain could choose a bus. In real life even when boarding an ATR42 , you go by bus....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 11:37:34 am »
This bus/van based on weight is not a good concept.

It's obviously the best concept to make the program easy to use and working automatically with every airplane.

I got van when boarding/deboarding a Full A319/20 many times.

That's because you called GSX before the airplane was loaded.

If u using aerosoft A320 load manager with GSX , of course at the beginning of the boarding the acft is empty and GSX stupidly send you a Van 

This has been explained several times on our forum, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10873.msg85247.html#msg85247

You only be sure you have loaded enough passengers before you call GSX.

In real life even when boarding an ATR42 , you go by bus....

That's what you'll get with GSX too, if you load it correctly before calling GSX. The Passenger bus will start to arrive if the estimated number of Passengers is at least 20, which translate in 4400 total station load so, if that's the weight for stations at the moment you call GSX, you'll get the bus.

This means, if you have a plane that loads cargo/passengers *progressively*, there's no need to wait for the whole airplane-simulated process to end, but it's enough to wait for at least 4400 lbs to be loaded, then you can call GSX boarding, and get the bus.