Author Topic: Unable to decrease the Visual docking system height **SOLVED**  (Read 3419 times)

Dazza74

When I press Q it increases the Visual docking system height from the ground; however when I press Z as per the instructions in the manual nothing moves downwards. I have checked with both CAPS on and off.
Any clues as to why it is not working?
Regards Darren

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 01:37:09 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to decrease the Visual docking system height from the ground
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 12:56:13 pm »
I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce the problem: Z works fine here and lowers the docking system height normally. Check if you have another add-on that might have used that key.

Dazza74

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 10:55:08 am »
Sorry to be a nuisance regarding this matter. I have tried as you suggested. I initially did have Z set up in vPilot as the PTT key but not anymore.

I also went completely through all the key assignments in Prepar3D v3 and only found the auto pilot master assigned to Z. I deleted that assignment.

I cant think of anything else that would not allow me to lower the visual docking system because it is still not working

Regards Darren

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 01:23:27 pm »
I initially did have Z set up in vPilot as the PTT key but not anymore.

That was probably the issue-

I also went completely through all the key assignments in Prepar3D v3 and only found the auto pilot master assigned to Z. I deleted that assignment.

That assignment is not relevant, because it's not used in Slew mode, and the editor is working in Slew mode. Check the Slew mode assignments. Maybe, the 3rd party software that took the Z key, has also removed the default assignment for it so, it wasn't enough to remove it, but you also had to reinstate the default assignment.

Try to RESET all your controls to default.

Dazza74

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 09:48:09 am »
Resetting, did the job. Thanks.