Author Topic: A Good KATL Airport Scenery  (Read 3241 times)

kmanning

A Good KATL Airport Scenery
« on: July 25, 2017, 12:09:47 am »
Hi,
I was wondering if FSDT are working on, or thought about developing a KATL airport scenery. The only one I can find that's looks very good is the Imaging KATL 2016 Airport scenery. But the problem with this scenery is that you don't get all of the over 300 parking spots in the original AFCAD file that comes with it. But you can go to their website and download the Hi Pack files which will list, and show all of the parking spots in the AFCAD. But this file is only for those with high end computers, and for those others who don't have it, this file bogs the frame rate down to about 8 or 9 fps, and everything just jerks severely. In the original download, you don't have the option to select a particular gate. But you can slew your aircraft to that gate, and if you're using GSX ground service, it will not work if you're parked at any of those gates. In the original download, there are at least 134 gates not listed in the Start Position menu in FSX. So, it's the choice of either have all of the gates listed and having a frame rate that is crap, or having a little more frame rate and not having all of the gates listed. But I don't want to spend about $30.00, and not having all of the gates listed AND having good frame rates. So, I was wondering if anyone knows of another KATL airport scenery, and that is update-to-date, that I can look into.

Ken.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 03:30:45 am by kmanning »

aal763

Re: A Good KATL Airport Scenery
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 01:00:12 am »
Another major developer just announced ATL today.

kmanning

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 03:19:53 am »

Who is the developer that announced it?

Ken.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 04:27:20 am by kmanning »

flapsup

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 06:07:44 am »

Who is the developer that announced it?

Ken.
Fly Tampa