Author Topic: Not detecting Chalks **SOLVED**  (Read 7448 times)

crash77

Re: Not detecting Chalks
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2017, 01:58:55 am »
OK well PMDG just had a big update for all their planes for all formats that require reinstall and after everything was installed the 777 "Chocks" are being detected.

Claude

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2017, 03:41:14 am »
Well, that's news I somehow missed! Will try that tomorrow.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2017, 09:04:29 am »
The affected file, aircraftDb.pye. on my PC is 56,400 bytes with a created date of 6/1/17 and a modified date of 6/13/2017.

Try to remove it and run the FSDT Live Update again.

Claude

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2017, 06:43:38 pm »
Hi Umberto,
Your suggestion worked.
Deleted the existing file, ran Live Update, and it installed the correct sized file.
GSX no longer wants the Parking brake set on.

I have not yet tried to install the most recent PMDG updates.

Thanks!

Claude

Claude

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2017, 09:22:31 pm »
FYI

I've now installed the current PMDG777 updates (Build 8386) and my updated GSX does not require the Parking brakes Set On for aircraft services.

philbrown

Re: Not detecting Chalks **SOLVED**
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 11:44:06 pm »
I am also having this problem since updating to the latest version of the PMDG 777 in P3D V3.4.

I have tried deleting the aircraftDB.pye file and running the Live Updater, but the file it re-creates was modified on 17th Feb 2017 and GSX still requires the parking brakes to be set to start services.

Should I try a complete re-install of GSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Not detecting Chalks **SOLVED**
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 06:52:22 pm »
I have tried deleting the aircraftDB.pye file and running the Live Updater, but the file it re-creates was modified on 17th Feb 2017 and GSX still requires the parking brakes to be set to start services.

The previous user confirmed that doing this will result in getting the correct updated file.

Should I try a complete re-install of GSX?

Won't make any difference. The only file involved is the aircraftDB.pye and, the only sure way to get the current version is to remove it manually. Well, of course, it's not necessary, because the updater will surely update it but, if it doesn't work, removing will surely get the latest version.

If it doesn't on your system, maybe some kind of external product (antivirus ?) is preventing the updater to work properly. Try to remove this folder too:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\UpdateCache

And see if it finally download the correct file.