Author Topic: The gsx application did not start.  (Read 2067 times)

adribar

The gsx application did not start.
« on: August 08, 2017, 10:27:49 pm »
Hi. Use Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and P3D v.3. I have installed "gsx". When the simulator first starts, the following warning appears: "Can not launch the application correctly (0x000007b). Close the application". I've followed some instructions to fix the problem, finding it in the web, but failing. Lastly, I deleted the MSVCR100dll and MSVCP100.dll files from windows \ system32 (in windows \ system there were no); I downloaded and installed MICROSOFT VISUAL C ++ 2010 REDISTRIBUTABLE PACKAGE_x86. Thanks for the attention.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The gsx application did not start.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 11:00:43 pm »
Lastly, I deleted the MSVCR100dll and MSVCP100.dll files from windows \ system32 (in windows \ system there were no); I downloaded and installed MICROSOFT VISUAL C ++ 2010 REDISTRIBUTABLE PACKAGE_x86. Thanks for the attention.

None of our software requires the VC++ 2010 runtimes.

The error is caused by missing/corrupted/not installed correctly VC++ libraries. Our software requires the VC++ 2015 runtimes, 32 bit version, which is installed automatically by our installer, launching the official Microsoft installer, but if you have a problem with the configuration of these libraries, the Microsoft installer we launch during setup might not work.

Try to download it from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587

Download BOTH 32 and 64 bit versions, install both of them.