Author Topic: How can i edit the STOP position?  (Read 3027 times)

Padrinho

How can i edit the STOP position?
« on: July 12, 2017, 05:53:05 pm »
Hi GSX, i am having a recent issue, i normally fly the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 and the A320 from Aerosoft. Now whenever and wherever i park my aircrafts in any scenery payware or default on FSX Steam the Marshaller is ahead of the limited parking distance or position.

How can i correct this? How can i edit the STOP marking with the editor? Its not available.

Many thanks, regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How can i edit the STOP position?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 06:02:38 pm »
Now whenever and wherever i park my aircrafts in any scenery payware or default on FSX Steam the Marshaller is ahead of the limited parking distance or position. π

The marshaller position, if it's not customized manually, has always been based on the airplane eyepoint height in the cockpit: the higher the eyepoint is, the farther the marshaller will be placed. With the previous version, you could only set a maximum distance, now you can set the precise position of the marshaller, regardless of the plane used, which is better if you need to be sure he won't go inside a building.

The stop position itself, instead, has been recently changed, and it used to be based on the center of the airplane, which would be end up in the center of the parking.

This wasn't very precise, so the new version is more accurate, and will place the front gear of the airplane on the stop position, and the stop position can now be specifically customized for each parking, using the parking editor, in order to match any custom ground textures used by 3rd party airports.

Padrinho

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 06:05:35 pm »
My friend i am really sorry but where and how can i edit that position?

I circle all the positions in the editor and none is for the STOP position...am i missing something?

Regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 06:18:25 pm »
I circle all the positions in the editor and none is for the STOP position...am i missing something?

Please read the manual, page 33. The stop position is not a separate object, but it's part of the marshaller itself, and can be set with the 0/9 keys on the main keyboard (not the numeric pad).