Author Topic: Zurich X for FS9 missing details.  (Read 5834 times)

johndaph

Zurich X for FS9 missing details.
« on: May 01, 2009, 11:59:15 am »

Having previously installed Zurich and used it without a problem together with AES, I suddenly find that the Runway markings - Taxiway markings are all missing, and AES will not operate. On the Addon Manager text Registered is greyed out - Buy on the Web/Paypal is greyed out- Register Serial is greyed out, how can I reinstate the scenery please. :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Zurich X for FS9 missing details.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 04:22:07 pm »
If the Addon Manager says the scenery is active, which is of course what it saying if you checked the "About", but even without checking, it's clear the scenery is active, because it doesn't let you buy it again, then you can be 100% sure IT IS active, and you don't have a registration, activation, purchase problem or anything related to that.

It might be that:

- You have not INSTALLED the scenery. If you uninstall the scenery, the registriation will NOT be lost so, it will be shown as active even if it's not installed. So, you need to install the scenery in this case.

- You might have an older version of the scenery. Older version of the scenery will never work with the current version of the Addon Manager, and will never work with current versions of AES. So, you need to download the current installer from here.

- You might have another scenery for the area in conflict. We can't help you much with this, if you have another scenery, you need to uninstall it, if it comes with a proper uninstaller, or manually remove all files that belongs to that scenery

- You might have a duplicate AFCAD for Zurich, they usually come with traffic packages, use AFCAD or another scanning utility to find if you have duplicate AFCAD for Zurich.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 04:23:43 pm by virtuali »

johndaph

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 07:32:20 pm »

Thanks for the early reply.  I have checked the Scenery file is the latest version and the Addon Manager is also the updated version.  I uninstalled and reinstalled both units, unfortunately same result. The only other scenery is the FS Dream Team Zurich Terrain could that cause the conflict ?.

I notice that when I select the LSZH in FS9 and select Rnwy 34 as the start point it puts me on the parking area not on a runway. AFCAD shows no duplicates. AES will still not operate.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 07:46:40 pm »
I notice that when I select the LSZH in FS9 and select Rnwy 34 as the start point it puts me on the parking area not on a runway. AFCAD shows no duplicates. AES will still not operate

If you are misplaced, then it's a clear case of a duplicated AFCAD, probably made for the default scenery, that's why the positioning doesn't match.

Also, I assume you still see part of the scenery because, from your first message, you were saying you are missing ground detail only.

Because, obviously, it's entirely different if you see parts of the scenery, or you don't see any scenery at all.