Author Topic: PMDG 777 P3DV4 Cargo-loaders **SOLVED**  (Read 3002 times)

Nigge

PMDG 777 P3DV4 Cargo-loaders **SOLVED**
« on: July 07, 2017, 02:09:48 pm »
Hi, couldnt find a topic on this regard.

I just updated to P3dV4 and started using GSX again after a while off.
However I have an issue that probably is just something really simple, when I select the boarding option in GSX when parked on a cargo ramp iwth the 777 freighter... the only loaders I see is the small "luggage" trucks driving up to the aircraft. and a stair being attached to the front door...  None of those fancy container loaders...

I have tried to modify the parking in GSX and switched between what type of loader should be used... but still no luck.

So how do I get realistic loading /unloading for the pmdg 777 and GSX in p3d V4.

Many thanks for your assistance
/Niklas Eriksson

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:15:19 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG 777 P3DV4 Cargo-loaders
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 04:11:34 pm »
The default configuration for the PMDG 777 that comes with GSX, is configured to use cargo loaders so, you don't have to do anything to see them.

If you are not seeing the cargo loaders, the only possible explanation is that you  tried to configure the airplane yourself, which wasn't needed since it's already internally supported in GSX, made some kind of mistake, so now your customization is taking over the one that comes with GSX.

The airplane configuration editor will tell you from which source GSX is taking its data from so, if it's not saying it's taking the data from the internal GSX database, you should Reset to undo all your changes and use the default that comes with GSX.

And note that, if you downloaded a GSX.CFG from some place, and put it into the main airplane folder, this won't be reset with the "Reset" button, because that's not the correct place for user customizations, but it's a location reserved for airplane developers, that are supposed to supply their plane with a configuration that works so, it's not removed but, if you placed a downloaded customization there (again, not needed because GSX is already pre-configured for the PMDG 777), it will take precedence over the GSX internal data so, if it's wrong, it will cause any kind of problems. In this case, the GSX.CFG file in the airplane folder should be manually removed.

Nigge

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 07:58:26 pm »
Hi, many thanks for your answer. ufortunately I havent done any configuration myself. However, I tried to reset just for good measures. and it says Internal GSX database.

But still, when I select boarding, a small bus drives  up and it says boarding crew now. so a bus, a stair to the front door, and the pushback truck... thats all I can see.

Havent done any modifications what so ever... just installed the standalone addon manager and updated everything.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 04:27:03 pm »
But still, when I select boarding, a small bus drives  up and it says boarding crew now.

If you are loading the cargo variant, this is correct. The large bus will come only with the passenger version, and it will say boarding passengers.

so a bus, a stair to the front door, and the pushback truck... thats all I can see.

Now you are saying something different. Before, you said:

the only loaders I see is the small "luggage" trucks driving up to the aircraft.

Now, you don't see ANY loaders ?

Nigge

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 08:06:07 am »
Sorry for being unclear, yes the small "luggage train" also arrived, but no loaders for the small luggade, only the train.

However, I did what I probably should have tried first and did a complete reinstall of GSX and that solved it.

Thanks for your help anyway
/Niklas